[RESOLVED] Cant connect my core, flashing green, cyan, white

Hi Guys,

so I got myself a few cores but cant connect them, tried all sorts of things: first through my unis network, then its flashing green, its enterprise network so i guess thats the issue. Then a friend managed to get one up and running through his android phone’s hotspot. Thought I’d do the same, so borrowed an android phone but all I get is the core flashing green, then cyan, interrupted by white lighting up, then the flashing starts all over. Gave it another try creating a wifi hotspot through my mac accessing the internet via iPhone’s USB. Same thing: erratically flashing green and cyan interrupted by steady white. I’m using macs terminal, and i get the core id fine.

'bout to pull my hair out…

ach and I’ve done numerous resets and reboots and since i have five cores i’ve swapped them around plenty

Could you run through this checklist and see which step you are stuck at? :smile:

1. Focus on 1 core

2. Only change 1 variable (security type, ssid etc) at one time

4 Likes

hi and thanks kenneth for the flow - it did help, and i did find the problem: I was accessing the web over my iPhone’s usb with my MacPro and then using the Mac’s Terminal to connect the core. However that won’t work as the Mac is the WiFi Hotspot the core is connected to. So I connected a second phone to the the Macs Hotspot and connected the core through that with the Spark App. However, although the core would connect (breathe cyan) the phone would not detect it, sooo I had to then manually claim it through the Mac, using Terminal to get the ID and then head over to spark build.
Now I’m slightly exhausted and in need of a nap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the flow chart. My core is doing all kinds of insane things. Flashing red sometimes, connecting others, not connecting the next. Your flow chart helped because at least now I know what the lights mean.

I have two cores hoping the second one is a bit more stable.

1 Like

My Core has been having problems as well connecting to the Wi-Fi. It was blinking green but not doing anything more than that. I did a CC3000 Patch and here is how I did it:

1. get particle-cli:
    git clone -b feature/no-serialport https://github.com/spark/particle-cli.git

2. install dfu-util :
    sudo apt-get install dfu-util

3. go in particle-cli/binaries folder:
    cd particle-cli/binaries

4. there you should find cc3000-patch-programmer.bin (we need to get this binary on the board with dfu-util)

5. put your Core in dfu-mode

6. check if it is in dfu-mode :

dfu-util -l

You should have an output like this:

dfu-util 0.5

(C) 2005-2008 by Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
(C) 2010-2011 Tormod Volden (DfuSe support)
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

dfu-util does currently only support DFU version 1.0

Found DFU: [1d50:607f] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="UNDEFINED"
Found DFU: [1d50:607f] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=1, name="UNDEFINED"

6)Put the .bin on the Core:
dfu-util -d 0x1D50:0x607F -a 0 -s 0x08005000 -D cc3000-patch-programmer.bin

7)Done !