Hello Particle Workbench users
We greatly value your feedback - to help us better diagnose and fix your issue as quickly as possible, here’s what you can do:
- Search in the community for similar reports - often times your question will have already been asked and answered
- Create a new topic / thread and include the “[ISSUE]” prefix - this will help us quickly differentiate bug reports from general questions / discussion
- Verify you are using the latest versions of VSCode & Particle Workbench - there’s a decent chance we’ve already fixed your issue. Here’s how to update extensions and how to update VSCode
- Disable Antivirus - some antivirus programs interfere with VSCode / Particle Workbench - temporarily disable or explicitly grant VSCode higher privileges and confirm your issue is still present
- Bypass USB hub / extensions - if you are working with a device and are seeing issues related to its USB connection, try disconnecting all USB devices and reconnecting only your Particle device directly to you computer’s USB port.
- Check your USB Cable - Likewise, if you are having issues connecting to your device over USB, try using a different cable. You’d be surprised how many “power-only” USB cables are out there.
- Avoid Cloud Storage Drives Storing your project in Dropbox / OneDrive / Google Drive? Try moving it to a standard directory
- Please provide clear steps to reproduce your issue - what chain of events lead to the issue? what happened? what did you expect would happen?
Include an Environment Audit Report - run the
Particle: Audit Environmentcommand (docs: 1, 2) and include the nonsensitive portions in your issue details
Thanks for using Workbench and thanks for helping us make it better for everyone