Hello Particle CLI users
We greatly value your feedback. To help diagnose and fix your issue as quickly as possible, here’s what you can do:
- Search in the community for similar reports - often times your question will have already been asked and answered
- Create a new topic / thread and include the “[ISSUE]” prefix - this will help us quickly differentiate bug reports from general questions / discussion
- Verify you are using the latest versions of the CLI - there’s a decent chance we’ve already fixed your issue. Here’s how to update
- Disable Antivirus - some antivirus programs interfere with the CLI - temporarily disable or explicitly grant higher privileges and confirm your issue is still present
- Bypass USB hub / extensions - if you are working with a device and are seeing issues related to its USB connection, try disconnecting all USB devices and reconnecting only your Particle device directly to you computer’s USB port.
- Check your USB Cable - Likewise, if you are having issues connecting to your device over USB, try using a different cable. You’d be surprised how many “power-only” USB cables are out there.
- Avoid Cloud Storage Drives Targeting a project in a Dropbox / OneDrive / Google Drive directory? Try moving it to a standard directory
- Please provide clear steps to reproduce your issue - what chain of events lead to the issue? what happened? what did you expect would happen?
Capture Verbose Error Log - run your failing command again using the
--verboseflag - e.g.
particle <cmd> --verbose- and share the full error details
Include Environmental Info
- Operating System?
- CPU Architecture (32/64 bit? arm?)
- Particle CLI Version (run
- Contents of your particle directory -
ls -a ~/.particle(macOS / linux - bash, etc),
get-childitem ~\AppData\Local\particle(windows - powershell)
- How was the Particle CLI installed? (standard or advanced?) see docs
- What terminal / shell are you running the Particle CLI within? (powershell, bash, zsh, cmd.exe, etc)
- What Particle hardware are you using? (argon, boron, etc)
Thanks for using the Particle CLI and thanks for helping us make it better for everyone