[SOLVED] Unknown issue with Photon EDIT: Photon cannot connect to cloud

The output has shown the error that openssl is not installed.

You can grab it here: Tutorial: Particle-cli on Windows [07 Jun 2015]

1 Like

oh nooo i just got openssl installed but I am still getting the same result. I added openssl installation directory to the system PATH and this is my result

C:\Users\Atique>particle keys doctor (mydeviceid)
running dfu-util -l
Found DFU device 2b04:d006
running dfu-util -l
Found DFU device 2b04:d006
running openssl genrsa -out (mydeviceid)_rsa_new.pem 1024
Error creating keys... Error: Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "openssl genrsa -out (mydeviceid)_rsa_new.pem 1024"
'openssl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Make sure your device is in DFU mode (blinking yellow), and that your computer is online.
Error - Error: Command failed: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /s /c "openssl genrsa -out (mydeviceid)_rsa_new.pem 1024"
'openssl' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

GOT IT TO BREATHE CYAN @Moors7 @kennethlimcp @peekay123 @ScruffR CLAIMED THE DEVICE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Problem was with openssl all along, I have never installed it. After installing it, I had to manually change path to the openssl directory. Then i ran particle keys doctor . Device restarted and connected to cloud!!! Thank you again!!!

3 Likes

The issue is when your clients have an existing SSID with spaces that you cannot change, nor request them to use “_” instead.

Are you sure, as it seems the OP’s issue was resolved without changing the SSID - please don’t “spam” unrelated threads - I’ve replied on two other posts of yours.

2 Likes