Unclaiming the core on a third party website?

Ok, so I have a problem. I have claimed my spark core on a third party website that is still under development. Unfortunately, I can’t unclaim it from there because the website does not have that feature installed yet (lol). I was wondering if there is any other way to unclaim my core from this website. Also, if there is not a way to do that, is there another way to flash programs to my core (maybe using dfu?) idk. help is greatly appreciated.

Does your device show up in the devices tab on the WebIDE? If so, you can unclaim it there

No. I have it claimed on a 3rd party website. It is not claimed on the WebIDE. I would like to unclaim it from the 3rd party website so that I can claim it on the WebIDE.

What is the 3rd party site? You will have to contact them instead.

Unless you have a Particle access token, you can use the command:

curl https://api.particle.io/v1/devices \
     -d access_token=1234 \
     -d id=0123456789abcdef01234567 \
     -X DELETE

Question. What is a Particle access token and how do you obtain one?

Also, is there still a way to program my core using dfu (I have tried it and can’t get it to work)? btw, I have contacted the website and they said they can’t get it unclaimed yet.

@SlinkyMation, my question earlier —> What is the 3rd party site? You will have to contact them instead.

I guess it’s better for you to contact them since there’s limited information here and help we can provide

You can take a look here: http://docs.particle.io/core/cli/#running-from-source-advanced-particle-flash

So is there a way to program it with the dfu?

The answer is yes if that’s not even clear.

even when its still claimed on the third party website?

It’s like plugging in a USB and adding deleting file. There’s no :cloud: involved and you can do it in the DFU mode.

I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve though. Not sure why a 3rd party is involved, you are not mentioning who/what service is that and what’s the need to reprogram the device.

yeah its a company I work for and i dont want to give them a bad rep haha

Sorry then i guess i cannot help much help either. Someone else might be able to give you a better suggestion.

Shoot an email to hello@particle.io with your Device ID and we’ll help you over there.