[Solved] My spark goes to flashing green forever

It’s the same as how you used DFu util to perform the CC3000 patch but simply change the filename

Ok. after that, it goes to flashing blue. Next?
and thank You for your HELP!

Flashing blue? Or more like blinking blue?

I’ll just try to connect with the Spark app again. If the core managed to received the credentials, I know that it is able to reach the router. :slight_smile:

Blinking blue. Ok let me try.

I tried the app and it got the credentials and started to blink green like three times and goes to flashing cyan and stays flashing cyan.

:smiley: that’s a good sign… means the core managed to connect to Wifi but not able to handshake successfully with the cloud.

Wait for a while longer and see what happens. Otherwise, restart the core and see what happens.

Did you used this core and programmed/claimed it before?

1 Like

Yes it was claimed before. I had it working. I notice after a while flashing cyan it goes to flashing green for about 5 seconds and goes back to flashing cyan again.

Yessss. I GOT IT WORKING!!! After 2 hours of trying and of course your help.
THANK YOU!!!
I’ll keep this thread for the future. (-:

4 Likes

Hi! Same problem here… after install CC3000 patch and the spark_tinker, I still facing with the same problem, blinking green forever… any help, please?

Sounds like a wifi network issue maybe

Can you try setting a hotspot using your mobile and send the credentials to see if they connect fine? :slight_smile:

Hi kennethlimcp, even opening my network, the core remains in blinking green light. Maybe a hardware problem?

Ok… just to clarify… how has to be the core with antenna, like one this I attach to this post?

Seems like you bought a u.fl antenna version and would be required to connect one in order to get on Wifi. :wink:

1 Like

Ouch!!! I ordered one antenna core!

I spent about 3 hours yesterday fixing the problem of the eternal flashing green light, not knowing the reason it had come to be. After getting it working I had a few hours of fun running LEDs from a LiPo. After the battery ran out of juice, I recharged it and plugged it back in and I had the eternal green flasher again. I was ready to throw it all in the bin.

Luckily this morning I found this thread, re-flashed it and all is working again.

Perhaps the issue should be a little better publicised to save others from dispatching their Sparks prematurely. Ultimately a fix would be nice, pretty please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my case, the CC3000 bin file was the culprit.

So the solution was to restore the factory setting and nothing more.

It took me a whole week and the diligent help of the Spark support to figure out what was wrong. In other words, if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

I have 2 cores that have gone into this flashing green state, with the addition one long pulse of blueish-white every minute or so. I followed the directions above and was able to install both the cc3000 patch and the spark_tinker.bin. I went through the process of reconfiguring my Access Point today only after these problems came up (my phone and a PC can access the AP not problem). I set my AP so it only will uses 802.11b & g with WPA2 (same as what it had been set to before).
Also all my cores use the chip antenna and I am 3ft from the AP.

Any help would be most appreciated.

@HardWater
As I wrote before, do not apply the cc3000 patch: it’s the culprit.

Hi @rei_vilo Thanks for the reply. After I had made the above post, I went back and flashed the cc3000 and the tinker on the second core that I was also having the problem on. That went very well and the unit is now working fine.

Not sure which core I had a problem with late yesterday but I had attached a jumper in the wrong place drawing a lot of current through the regulator. This is maybe a real stretch but I am wondering if a core that might be damaged in this way could cause my AP to get in a latched up state causing difficulties with a second core.

There is a lot of IFs here but am just trying to put all the facts together for a clear picture of the situation.

I’m glad one of your cores works fine, and sorry for the other one.

I had the same problem with a short on another board —not Spark Core. So I guessed the regulator was killed. But investigating and replacing it would have taken too much time, so I bought another board.

Now, the CC3000 is rather like random: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Texas Instruments has now much more stable WiFi radios with the CC3100 and the CC3200. The later combines the WiFi radio with an ARM Cortex M4 on a single chip. Really nice and very reliable.

1 Like