Upon attempting to give a photon wifi credentials from an android app, I consistently get a pop up "Error Please try running setup again after resetting your photon … " . I am using the Particle example app to log in (downloaded dec 9th, v0.3.2, git a7402b8). This works successfully when my Photon has tinker deployed. It does not work when I have our custom user application deployed. In both cases the same system firmware is used (git 91172bb). The firmware change log reads v0.4.7.
Here is my procedure.
- Confirm system parts 1 & 2 are over (“program-dfu” from modules path)
- Flash the relevant app. (cp-app or tinker)
- Confirm it’s there running. (about 20 sec)
- Enter listening mode manually, by holding button 3 sec.
- Find Photon name on list using most recent android app.
- Wait. Enter WiFi credentials, if possible.
Tinker app - it works.
cp app - it does not work. Error message pops up prior to entering WiFi credentials.
To track down possible causes, I looked at the difference in the android logs between the two attempts. I noticed that when it fails, the Android logs read : “failed to connect to /192.168.0.1 (port 5609) after 10000ms.”
What is it about out app that prevents the connection?
From the change log, I noticed that the this appears to be new:
Is that related?
PS. About 2-3 months ago, adding a wifi connection worked on our app. That used our previous app, previous android setup examples, and previous firmware.