Setup stuck on "Activating Particle SIM"

Hi. I have a Boron that was recently transferred from a different account. It appeared to have transferred OK initially but now it’s disappeared from my device list. So, I’ve tried to set it up again using:

mobile app => Pair Successful => Selected “No, don’t use in mesh” => Enrol in Subscription => “Activate SIM and connect” => Activating Particle SIM starts…

At this point, Sometimes I get the error “Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue” and sometimes it just gets stuck on that step and nothing happens.

I have also tried running particle setup in cli, which just gives me “PROTIP: Hold the MODE/SETUP button on your device until it blinks blue!” and “PROTIP: Please make sure you are connected to the internet.” then closes. I am blinking blue and computer is connected to the internet.

Please help! I’m so excited to work on our project today and put time aside to do just that. Thank you!

Firmware version: 1.4.4

Have you placed the boron in listening mode and tried from the cli:

particle serial identify

Then record the ID of the device and allow the boron to connect to the cloud normally (breathing cyan) and try:

particle device add

Note: you must be logged in to your account on the cli before this by using:

particle login

It seems to have magically worked today. I think the issue was as explained in the answer to this thread:

I re-claimed the device to the old account. Then released the simcard before unclaiming the device, which showed errors but seems to have allowed me to transfer successfully today.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.