I have the spark-core connecting when I stand by the 2c:b0:5d:9f:87:a0 wifi, but cannot get it to connect reliably to the 14:d6:4d:ec:40:70 when I stand near it - both have the same SSID name.
See image for the WiFi layout in the office here.
I have had it connect a few times on the ~40:70 wifi, but it seems highly erratic. Wheras on the other one it seems fine. Because the WiFi’s share the same name, I wonder if that causes ‘issues’.
Sometimes it appears to go through the motions (following a 3 second mode press to clear wifi credentials temporarily) and gets to flashing green, but never breathes cyan.
The sequence of events listed below leads me to belive that perhaps the core is using the wrong mac address or something - I am really new to the whole wifi / mac address scene - so cut me some slack here
- Start near ~:40:70 wifi
- Press mode for 10+ seconds until blue rapid then release.
- Blue flashing.
- Run spark app.
- Select ‘Eden Free Wifi’ network on app, and hit connect, (unsecured, no pwd).
- Blue solid.
- Green flashing - for ages (5+ min)
- Take unit near to ~:a7:80 wifi instead
- Quickly connects and breathes cyan
Any suggestions or ‘try-outs’ would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.