Losing connection to Spark cloud every 10 seconds

Hey guys!

I am running into an issue where my Spark Core quickly flash cyan, then slowly flash cyan for ~10 seconds, then start over again.

I can see on the web interface that my core is connected to the cloud when the led is slowly flashing, but it only last around 10 seconds.

Any idea how I could fix that?
Thanks.

@franksup2,

I’m wondering about 2 things:

1.) How is the Wifi network like where you are operating the core?

2.) What is the code that you are running?

:wink:

1 Like

Hi @kennethlimcp,

1. The wifi is very strong. I’m a few feet away from an airport extreme.

2. I forgot to mention that it happened right after the initial setup, hence the core is not running any code of mine.

Thanks

check for an ip address conflict on your wifi network.

I verified for IP conflicts but I didn’t find any. I tried multiple wifi configuration and nothing worked.

Here’s a video showing the core getting into “connected state” and losing it: http://cl.ly/2I3C3G21073N

I don’t know if it helps, but I had to set up my Core via USB since the iOS application never found a Core.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Is there any way to view the requests done by the Core in order to debug my issue?

If you have another host on your network that can run wireshark you should be able to see that traffic. I would say that debugging it this way is a long-shot. I would try a quiet network with only the two hosts and the router if possible.

It looks like a router issue to me, so trying a different router would be a good idea. In particular if you have a dual band router, try disabling the 5 GHz band and see if it improves or trying a router that does not do 5 GHz if you cannot disable it.