[ISSUE] No Wi-Fi or USB connectivity

Device powers up and blinks blue --> No ParticleXXXX Wi-Fi listed.
I installed Particle CLI and even after putting the photon in DFU mode, my windows 11 computer still doesn't recognize the USB device. I swapped several Micro-USB cables that I know are good.

The Photon 2 does not support SoftAP or configuration by Wi-Fi so it will never appear as a Wi-Fi network.

The recommended method to set up a Photon 2 is https://setup.particle.io to set the device up over USB.

How did you install the Particle CLI? Using the Windows installer (recommended) or directly using node (won't install dfu-util, which is needed to access the device in DFU mode).

The next step for Windows is to see if the Photon 2 appears in the Windows Device Manager.

Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, I followed the paper directions "part.cl/setup-photon2" which directed me to setup.particle.io.
This process fails as it can not see the Particle device as a connected via USB.

Yes, I successfully used the windows 11 (64-bit) installer for the CLI and via the command line, I can confirm that it does not see the Particle device connected via USB either.

I could not find the Particle Device in Windows Device Manager so that when I attempted the DFU mode which also didn't allow the Photon to appear as connected via USB.

Is there another troubleshooting option? I also tried the Photon on another computer which also did not recognize the USB device. I spent more time and could not find any warranty support; so I think I need to move on (trash it).

@Support can you chime in?

1 Like

Can you see the device in any of the docs tools (ie device restore)?

Thanks for suggesting an option. I posted 17 days ago that the CLI update did not work because the device wasn’t appearing as connected.

Hi @aab142 - can you open a ticket at support.particle.io via the following form:

and we'll get a brand new device over to you.

I previously used that form and was directed to this portal as "the" support process. I will try that again.

Let me know when you have and I'll take a look! You're certainly welcome to submit a return through our portal and I believe all should be working ok. I'll make sure the return is approved.

We received the ticket!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.