Is there a decent tutorial or guide about the initial setup devices for products. I’m not mass scale but doing more than a few. In the past I’ve always did the steps one at a time which seemed a little clumsy. I’m sure there are ways to streamline it. Wondering what are the possible ways. Here is roughly what I do today:
- unpackage it from the box and plug into USB port
- Run Particle USB List to find the Device ID
- Add this device ID to the list of Products and them activate the SIM. (I think this is all one step but it’s been several months and forgot how the sim gets activated).
- Add this device ID to my SQL backend.
- Flash the code and device OSfirmware
- Run “particle usb setup-done” command to set the setup done flag
- wait till the device SIM is activated and connect it to the cloud
- claim the device under a demo account I have and confirm basic device functionality.
- unclaim the device so it can be claimed by the customer once they receive it.
- package it up and ship it out.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad or hard but doing each step one at a time for say 20 Borons gets a little tedious. Wondering of easier/quick ways to accomplish this. I’m using VS Code and already have it setup as a product in the Particle Console. Any guidance, tips, or references to a tutorial would be appreciated! I did some searching on here and read through the product tutorial again but nothing stood out. Thanks!