Over the past 2 years I have been working on creating a product that uses the Boron LTE chip. The device is simple but very useful in the IT world. Over the last few months, it started to gain momentum and I have received a lot more interest in it. I’m not a programmer by any means, I have spent many hours developing an Android and iOS app learning everything by myself from scratch. My goal is to utilize the Particle platform and some other opensource/automation tools without having to create a full two-legged backend system as long as I can. I’m just not in the position to hire a programmer at the moment. My current workflow is as follows:
- Customer is asked to go to a website to register for an account
- The form on the website collects some basic customer information along with the device ID
- Once the form is submitted webhooks are used to create a customer on the Particle platform under a specific product ID.
- I then use the generated customer token to assign the device to the customer using curl commands - (I keep track of user tokens in a spreadsheet)
- Customer then launches the iOS/Android app and logins to interactive with the device.
- First, I wanted to thank the Particle Community for all the help I got along the process! I think this is a great platform and I really hope you guys succeed despite some hard times! I see the IoT adaption accelerating at a much after faster pace then it has so far partially thanks to the pandemic.
- Going back to the workflow, is there any way I can use my “master” token to assign devices to customers? If not, is there any plans to sunset the product/customer feature or will new features be expanded in the future? Am I a using it in the “right way”? Is there a better way to do this while still using a simple auth?