Hello! I’m trying to create a mesh network with 2 Xenons and an Argon. These are all running firmware rc27. I’ve tried multiple ways and have been unable to get this to work. Here are my steps:
Setup is USB-3 hub with 4 ports plugged into Macbook Pro USB-A. Android phone (Pixel One).
- Reset Argon & Xenons completely (hold down until fast flashing dark blue then start in listening mode)
- Deleted and reinstalled Particle app (v 2.3.11) on Android
- Pair Argon with phone and connect to mesh/ device cloud: SUCCESS
- Device name: mouth66, network name: wedding, network password: wedding: SUCCESS
- App says: Set up next device (Xenon #1)
- App says: Pair device with your phone
- App says: scan sticker, pairing with Xenon: SUCCESS
- Your Xenon is scanning for mesh networks to join
- Your Xenon is joining the mesh network
- Requesting permission, Adding Xenon… and it hangs on the starting a secure session with the Particle Device Cloud via Gateway
Finally: Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Please exit setup and try again.
Occasionally there is a deviation from the above where the app asks for an assisting device, but then times out. This doesn’t happen every time, and I’m not sure what I’m doing differently to get this request.
Thoughts? and thank you!