I have an original Particle Core from the kick starter campaign when they were branded Spark Core.
It has been running an application as a garage door opener for almost 6 months and has been accepting push commands via the cloud API to open and close the door for ages. Now however something has changed and I can’t figure out what the problem is.
Currently it is just repeatedly rapidly flashing cyan. Looking at the status documentation this is the state where it tries to connect to the cloud.
I did some reading which suggested first of all that the Access Key may have expired, so I generated a new one but this didn’t resolve.
I have performed:
- Factory Reset (lots)
- Reconnected to Wifi (Lots) via USB as the app doesn’t work for me
- particle flash --factory tinker
- particle flash --usb cc3000
- particle flash --usb tinker
- Flashed a app to find out what the mac code is
- Reflashed my original garage door opener app via USB as it fails via the cloud
- Created a two way port rule for port 5863
- Added the MAC to the DMZ on my router to avoid firewall issues
Still however it blinks cyan … I just don’t get it, very frustrating!
Does anybody have any ideas as to what to do next? I’ve read loads of topics on here but none seem to cover it.
I also tried the particle device doctor, but that doesn’t seem to work just returns name: Particle device Doctor and returns to the cmd line.
I’ve checked the router and the device shows as connected to the wifi .
The last log event shows the device online in the build IDE too, but it won’t accept a flash and fails if I attempt to.