[FIXED] Did I mess up my set-up?

I had a bit of difficulty/confusion setting up my Internet Button, and aren’t sure everything turned out OK.

It took a few hours for the iOS app to detect the Particle’s wifi initially, and I couldn’t connect via USB on windows at all, but I got the button registered and claimed via iOS in the end.

But, nothing seems right and I don’t have the confidence to go any further and tinker yet.

Primarily, I have a breathing green light on the board and a seemingly random selection of neo-lights lit ‘at rest’, I haven’t done anything other than complete the procedure to claim the Photon via iOS.

Secondary to that, I did change the name of the Photon from the initially suggested one. But in the console it has a (third) name, different from the initially suggested name and my chosen name.

I’m a complete novice, and chose the Internet Button for it’s apparent friendliness (hoping to just use it with IFTTT) but am feeling completely out of my depth.

The green light supposedley means it’s searching for internet connection? But it’s showing in the console, and in the iOS app. I can’t find any method of retrying the initial process, am no longer seeing the phtoton’s wifi network, and can’t find any official documentation beyond the lines of ‘simply set-up via the app, then . . . let’s code’.

Gif of the button’s random status without any commands at all: http://gph.is/2ecsBy1

// [FIXED] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I’m not sure if I had any input to ‘fixing’ this, but it’s working now and I’m tinkering away. Like a 5 year old.

I tried reseting the wifi, via the reset button on the Photon, which didn’t seem to reset anything but it did fix all my problems. for now.

2 Likes