Fast yellow flashing with brief medium cyan flashing

Seems to connect to WiFi OK (flash green / solid green) but then after a brief white flash it goes into fast flashing yellow for about 20 secs interspersed with medium cyan flashing for about 4 secs and then fast cyan for about 1 sec before back to yellow fast. Sometimes I end up in continuous medium flash cyan. iOS app doesn’t locate it and I can’t manually claim it either.

I was trying to ascertain if it was successfully getting a DHCP address - how do I know the MAC address ? Or any of the manufacturers fixed allocation part of the MAC would help. Does a failed DHCP acquisition give a special light sequence ? [edit] It did successfully get a DHCP address… for anyone else looking the MAC starts 08-00-28- for Texas Instruments

I don’t think I’m quite the same as the other categories of problem posts (flash orange) - or am I ? Is a factory reset something I should try ?

K

I'm having a similar issue. Thanks for the MAC address info.

Here's another forum post that might help, from @Dave

1 Like

Hi @xAPPO,

I think ghchinoy is right. If you’re up for it, that thread has instructions on how to get you back on track, or you can email me directly at david@spark.io if you have other questions or if instructions are missing. I’m really bummed that a handful of cores left the factory like this, but I’m working on a tool that should make recovering and changing keys more painless.

Thanks!
David

having the same issue with one of my cores. Will try to reflash it over USB.

1 Like