Build error for previous Spark Core code

I had a working Spark Core code built and working on in Sep-2016. Since then I had not update the code.
Today, I try to update the code, and notice it will not build anymore.

I made the changes from all Spark. into Particle. class already.
All the files build but with more warning.

Due to I include legacy libraries, any replacement, I should use instead ???

#include "flashee-eeprom/flashee-eeprom.h"
#include "SparkIntervalTimer/SparkIntervalTimer.h"

/workspace/SparkIntervalTimer/SparkIntervalTimer.h:60:2: warning: #warning "CORE NEW" [-Wcpp]
 #warning "CORE NEW"

/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: /workspace/target/workspace.elf section '.text' will not fit in region 'APP_FLASH'
/usr/local/gcc-arm-embedded/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region 'APP_FLASH' overflowed by 7052 bytes

Any suggestions what had been changed since last year which I need to make changes to build ??

Thanks for your help

@Dilbert, what version of firmware are you targeting for your Core?

What is the available options at this stage ?
I don’t recall there was choices before when we build code

Due to the device was not working. This is always be a problem for me. After unplug the device for 3 months, when I plugin again today, keep blinking “Green” and I have to reprogramming everything.

I had performed below

call particle flash --usb cc3000
call particle flash --usb deep_update_2014_06

Since I forgot to get the Bin file in Sep-2016, I just want to rebuild and download. As there is no options to just download without rebuild.

@Dilbert, how are you building? You get to select the firmware version you build to, so which one have you selected? Are you using the web IDE, CLI?

I am using Web IDE… where do I select ?

@Dilbert, when you select your target device with the “crosshair” icon, there is an arrow to expand the details for that device:

You will see the current firmware version and you can select whatever version you want. I suggest using 0.6.0 and higher.

Looks like the other way around, if I select V6.0, the project out of code space by 100 bytes.

If using V0.5.3, then it is OK now.

As for the Core (since it is old device), is there major changes in V6.0 for it to be more stable ?
If yes, may be I just remove some code to get that 100 bytes shortage.

Thanks

btw, what CLI command to select a update of Core instead of “deep_update_2014_06” ??

@Dilbert, using 5.3 is fine. You might want to consider upgrading to a Photon! Doing the call particle flash --usb cc3000 should be enough.

Thanks for your help and support. Is this a known issue with TI CC3000 chipset ??

Originally try to get the Photon in Dec but could not get it from Canada. May be need to order from u directly.
As recently go busy with a BLE project, will check back to this later…

Thanks

@Dilbert, where are you located?

I am located in Toronto GTA :slight_smile: