Argon: cannot flash anymore

Hi,

Had my code working fine with 3.3.0.
My device is argon.
I cannot flash it anymore. 2 different computers, 2 different argons.
Also tried 4.2.0.
I also updated the cli.

VSCode builds the code perfectly. Also starts flashing. I do the sequence as always until the LEDs blink yellow.
At some point, it either complains about timeout (3.3.0) or cannot flash the device 4.2.0. This happens after at least 5 minutes, which is terrible for firmware development.
I was able to flash it once of 20 attempts.
I can flash the example code to blink a LED for example.
This has started happening recently. Some months ago, I could flash the same code, the same argons, for several times in a row.

I don't think the code is too big, but please check the size in the screenshot. Also, what is that "nul" file? I guess is a temporary file but the name is terrible and also is hard to delete on windows once you are finished.

Please let me know any idea. For me, the particle tool ecosystem is not reliable.

You rarely will need to use Particle: Flash application & Device OS (local). It will take a very long time and is almost never necessary.

Instead, just use Particle: Flash application (local). It should only take a few seconds to flash just the application. Your app is 22K, which is well within the 256K maximum for the Argon. If Device OS needs to be upgraded, flash application local will also do that, so it will take longer if you switch Device OS target versions.

Also you could try the Particle: Cloud Flash which will likely be even faster with the Argon, especially when building on Windows.