WPA Enterprise Support - Beating a Possible Dead Horse

Hi Particle Team,

I’ve been taking a look over some of the old posts, and it seems like the Photon chipset can support Enterprise networks–I’m curious if you all have made any changes, or are looking to implement that any time soon. I can see all sorts of applications for Photon projects in organizations where WiFi is locked down using Enterprise auth. Is there any word on this yet? Any plans to make this happen? (crosses fingers).

Heya @asachs,

Good question! Yes I believe the chipset on the Photon can support WPA Enterprise, and I think we’d love to have that feature, but I don’t know where it fits on the timeline. I’ll try to see where this is on our timeline. :slight_smile:

edit: checked with our firmware team, it sounds like Broadcom hasn’t added WPA Enterprise support yet, but the module can support it. I think we’re waiting for them to make that feature available.

Thanks,
David

3 Likes

Righteous! Thanks @Dave!

1 Like

Thanks for your post. I am stuck here big time with WPA2 Security. Do you have any new news regarding when Broadcom might make this available?

Heya @satendra4u,

Just checked the broadcom forums again and with our firmware team. It looks like some early undocumented support for EAP-TLS was added recently, and more support is on the horizon. I’ll see what we can do to make this available.

Thanks!
David

1 Like

Hi Dave,

This is a great that EAP-TLS support is added. We have authentication via PEAP (MSCHAPv2).

Do you know anytime frame when we are going to add support for PEAP?

Thanks,
Satyen

Hi Satyen,

I’ve asked about PEAP, I don’t know when it’ll be ready, but as far as I know it’s on the horizon.

Thanks,
David

Thanks Dave. Appreciate your response.

1 Like

I too would really like to see WPA2 Enterprise support.

Hi Team,

We had a broad discussion with Particle team and they are waiting for Broadcom WICED firmware changes. Once BroadCom WICED firmware will have the capability then they will make their changes in particle firmware.
It looks like 4-6 months away but it is definitely going to come.

Thanks,
Satyen

WPA Enterprise support is here! Check out the latest pre-release firmware 0.7.0-rc.1 and setup instructions here:

Looking forward to discussion in the thread over there!

2 Likes