Wifi boots off after any flash

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has had the Argon disconnect after flashing? I lose connection whether flashing from mobile device or using the web ide. Once the connection is lost It goes in to listen mode and I have to go back to the mobile and reconnect and it does without issue. After connecting from the loss it now has the program I was trying to flash. Thanks in advance for any guidance on this issue.

1 Like

Hey @Roper, thanks for posting and welcome to the Particle community! happy to help if I can. What version of the Device OS are you using? Also, do you happen to have another Argon on hand to test with, or is this isolated to a single device?

Hello @bsatrom,
Thank-you for the reply. I am running os 1.5.0
Let me also say I am very new to the particle family so forgive my lack of knowledge. I do not have another Argon to test with. This issue more than likely is self inflicted due to me tinkering with the buttons and getting familiar with the device. When I first setup the Argon I did not see this issue. I could flash the code without losing the wifi connection. I had to put it away for awhile and am not back at it and this is where I am at. The sequence of the status light after flashing is Magenta solid then a quick Magenta flash then a solid white and then blue flashing (Listen Mode) At this point if I use my iphone particle app click the setting icon and then the wifi icon it automatically reconnects and displays a message that states congratulations pairing is was successful. The code that was flashed is now running. Again thanks for the guidance.

I tried to post a short video of the status lights but it wont allow .mov file extension.

You can upload a video to a video hosting service (e.g YouTube) and post a link.

If you have CLI installed (which is always good to have) you can investigate the current status of the device via particle serial inspect (while blinking blue).

After that you may want to clear any prevsiously stored WiFi credentials by holding down MODE for 10+ seconds till you see rapid blue flashing.
Then put your device into DFU Mode and run particle update -v.

After that you should be set for a fresh setup via the mobile app.

1 Like

Hi @ScruffR
A fresh setup did the trick. Not sure what caused it but it’s fixed Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Hi ScruffR, I have this exact same situation with an Argon and I have tried many possible solutions including the one you mentioned above. When it boots it goes to blinking blue, if I enter the wifi credentials it connects and I can see it in web ide and phone app. If it looses power it reboots and goes to blinking blue again. What other ideas can you suggest please? Thank you

1 Like

Are you still running Tinker on the Argon?

Yes thank you.

I just ran again particle update, particle flash --usb tinker and particle serial inspect. Below is the output…

PS C:\Particle\GilibratorAutoCal> particle serial inspect
Platform: 12 - Argon
Modules
Bootloader module #0 - version 502, main location, 49152 bytes max size
Integrity: PASS
Address Range: PASS
Platform: PASS
Dependencies: PASS
System module #1 - version 1102
System module #1 - version 1512, main location, 671744 bytes max size
Bootloader module #0 - version 501
Radio stack module #0 - version 202
User module #1 - version 5, main location, 131072 bytes max size
UUID: 72B73BFAB5C902DBE9EC90A13958C90408C6FA4758B9F9C5CFB5100141C1C58B
System module #1 - version 326
NCP module #0 - version 5, main location, 1536000 bytes max size
Radio stack module #0 - version 202, main location, 192512 bytes max size
PS C:\Particle\GilibratorAutoCal>

I guess you should file a support ticket at support.particle.io

Thank you for your help and quick response.

I wanted to share, I looked on how to return and on that site they had https://support.particle.io/hc/en-us/articles/360049403474-Device-Blinking-Dark-Blue where they said try “particle usb setup-done” and that worked. Thanks again

2 Likes

Thank you for finding this article. I'm been looking on and off for a fix for months!

you are welcome - though in later versions of os it seems that you may have to type particle setup --done