Using Stemma QT Connectors

Hello - I am looking to use STEMMA connectors with my particle argon .

I have my argon plugged into the particle ethernet featherwing and wondering if I can plug this into one of the slots on the ethernet featherwing, then add all my stemma connected sensors from there ?

Wondering if this will work?

SparkFun Qwiic / Stemma QT FeatherWing (Shield for Thing Plus)
PRODUCT ID: 4515

The Ethernet featherwing uses SPI and a couple of digital i/o pins (which you can change now). This means that I2C (D0 and D1) is free and the Stemma I2C ‘hub’ will be fine. I have built loads of devices with I2C sensors/displays on an Ethernet featherwing. The only thing to remember with I2C devices is that they must have unique addresses on one bus.

@armor Got it - thank you.

Typically, when you are setting up your I2C sensors/displays with the ethernet featherwing, how do you lay everything out? In my current setup, I have soldered wires from DO , D1 , PWR and GND to a prototyping board, where the sensors are connected. Works but I am looking for an easier , more cleaner layout.

Yes, that board works correctly with the Argon and Boron in a FeatherWing doubler, tripler, or the on the Ethernet FeatherWing.

There’s a section in the docs for Qwiic/Stemma QT devices. Many of the libraries are already available as Particle libraries.

1 Like

@rickkas7 - thats great, thank you. I am planning to use these sensors.

1. [Adafruit SGP30 Air Quality Sensor Breakout - VOC and eCO2 [STEMMA QT / Qwiic] ID: 3709 - $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits](https://Adafruit SGP30)

2. Adafruit BME680 - Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Gas Sensor [STEMMA QT] ID: 3660 - $18.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

I dont see the libraries for them in the doc link you posted above.

The Adafruit sensor libraries are not listed on that page yet. But Adafruit_BME680 and Adafruit_SGP30 are both available.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.