This is driving me nuts. I’ve made two (2) simple Photon devices, They each have just two (2) TMP sensors. One of the devices works just fine, posting to data.sparkfun and all, and the other one just keeps on trying to post and then starts breathing green (Cloud Not Connected.) I then have to put the device in Safe Mode to load any programs, like Tinker. I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting but thought I would post here and see if anyone has any other suggestions.
Things I’ve observed:
- I can flash the SAME program to either device and one device works, one doesn’t. That tells me it’s not likely the program.
- The faulty device reads both TMP sensors properly as observed on my serial monitor. I’ve gone over and over both devices to make sure they have exactly the same wiring. I don’t think it’s a wiring issue.
- The faulty device runs a simple two-TMP readout sketch and Tinkers fine.
- I tried particle keys doctor and particle update and it tells me it can’t find any devices in DFU mode although I am definitely in DFU mode (blinking yellow.)
- The faulty device shows up in particle cloud list.
- When I use particle identify it says: Your device id is undefined - Your system firmware version is undefined.
I’m starting to think it’s a faulty Photon, not sure. Any suggestions for further trouble shooting?