I have an older photon that hasn’t been used in a while. I’m not sure how old it is but it’s more than a year, probably closer to two. I don’t know what version of the device FW is installed.
I was able to get it connected to the cloud using the particle app, and it shows up in Particle Console, and I can ping it. Console lists system firmware as unknown. When I use “particle list” on the CLI (v1.29.0), it’s showing as offline. The device is in safe mode. I changed the account it was registered to during the setup process.
Things I have tried:
- Flashing Tinker via cloud on CLI --> Flash device failed. Timed Out.
- Flashing Tinker via DFU on CLI --> TYPICAL DFU SUFFIX MESSAGE “Error during download get_status”
- Particle Device Doctor on CLI --> Same error as flashing tinker via DFU
- Flashing Tinker via Serial on CLI --> “Flash success”, however device is still breathing magenta
- Flashing a simple Blink app via Particle Build --> “Flash unsuccessful” using multiple versions of target FW.
- Particle Update on CLI --> same as other DFU errors plus “Cannot read property ‘code’ of undefined”
Any suggestions for further things to try before I pitch this thing?