Stuck on driver install, Win7

I have neither an iOS orAndroid device, so have followed instructions for connecting via USB and Win7 laptop. But I can’t install the SPark-core driver- I used F8 on startup to disable “Digitally signed driver”, but when I point Windows to the Spark-core folder, it says “Windows could not find driver software for your device” Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi @rikraf.

I was having the same issue earlier today. Just do this:

1. Go to Windows’ “device manager” and right click on the Spark/Photon device under “Other Devices”
  2. Choose “Update Driver Software”
  3. Choose “Browse my computer for driver software”
  4. Choose “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
  5. Click “Have Disk” button
  6. Select the directory with the drivers (you can download them https://s3.amazonaws.com/spark-website/Spark.zip)
  7. You’re done!

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for that idea- I had already tried this, and received the error message. Then I saw the note about 64-bit versions requiring digitally-signed drivers, so I figured out how to defeat that, but Windows still refuses to install the driver. Were you successful with a 64-bit version of Win7?

That is weird. It worked for me on a x64 Windows 7 system.

What error are you getting? Could you show me a screen shot?

Thanks for your help- couple screenshots attached.

Are you doing step 3?

Click on: let me pick from a list…

Thanks, in fact, I borrowed an iPhone to get it going. Works great.

It can be pretty confusing on Windows. I don’t know why it has to be though… everything just works like magic on the Mac without any user interaction!

Instead of browsing… click "Let me pick"

Then click "Have Disk"

Then select the INF file

from the unzipped Spark.zip file you downloaded, per the instructions at docs.particle.io

2 Likes