[SOLVED] Web IDE build issue with 0.6.0-rc.2 (again)

OK, we’ll hold off then, till we might see more reports - thanks for the diligence and consideration!

@Scruffr, but it will be reported right? Am just saying that there is no need to pull anyone out of bed, it can be sorted during Particle business hours.

1 Like

It won’t get lost!

Thanks for letting us know. We’re on it!

2 Likes

We’re back online with the 0.6.0-rc.2 compiler. Thanks for your patience.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Having trouble finding documentation for emulating a keyboard

Same here

and when I try to head over to my console.

Hey folks,

As far as we know the compile service is working perfectly with both prereleases and normal releases. There was an issue earlier today, but simply redeploying the app fixed it. If you see any issues, please let us know.

@jackpot your issue is different. Please try going to the following URL in your browser, substituting your access token where it says YOUR_TOKEN:
https://api.particle.io/v1/build_targets?featured=true&access_token=YOUR_TOKEN

Cheers!
Zachary

@zachary
Thanks for the reply. I tried as you said and the page will not load. The address in the browser reverts back to the link shown above. In other words, I place the link you provided in the address field and then paste in my token, the site does not respond and then the address goes back to the instance without my token.

Hope that makes sense
Thank you

I tired it again. Although the results are the same, at least this time when i placed my token in the address it stayed there!
Thanks

Try flushing your DNS cache:

1. Completely close all browser windows.
  2. Hold down the Windows key and press R to bring up the Run dialog box.
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns then press Enter.
  4. Try going to api.particle.io in a new private/incognito browser window.

Fingers crossed!

LOL, Ill let you know what happens. Thanks!

:cry: Well wish I had better news my firend. That did not resolve it.
Thank you

:crying_cat_face: so weird…

I hate to say it, and I’m sure there’s got to be a better fix, but since your work is being blocked, unless anyone else here has a better suggestion, you should probably go ahead and roll back last night’s Windows update.

For anyone following along — we jumped on a quick video chat and @jackpot’s machine is resolving api.particle.io to strange IP addresses, not our actual API load balancers. I don’t know what else to suggest. Maybe the router has old IP addresses cached?

@zachary
I have been doing a little hunting myself and I have found that in fact the update that I thought was installed last night, actually failed. Your thoughts on that please?
Thanks

Caveat: I don’t use Windows! Take my advice with a grain of salt!

That said, system updates (for every OS) often fix tons of small bugs as well as important security issues. They’re generally a good thing. I’d recommend updating.

The whole Windows update thing seems probably unrelated to this DNS issue…
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m going to mark this thread solved since there’s no problem with :particle: systems.

Ok thanks. I guess I will perform the update, reset my router and hope for the best. I guess if that doesnt work, Ill have to move so I can have a different IP

Thanks Zach

1 Like

To all
First of all, thanks for all the help. Amazingly enough, everything is back working. Chalk it up to one of those I have no idea why it quit or why it started working. I am just happy it is now working.
:joy:

2 Likes

The problem with compiling 0.6.0-rc.2 is back again.... was working okay about one hour ago and yesterday evening.

Can compile under 0.5.2, but not 0.6.0-rc.2.

This looks to be the compile time issue:

ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'
{ Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'
at Error (native)
errno: -2,
code: 'ENOENT',
syscall: 'open',
path: '/workspace/project.properties' } [ 'Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/workspace/project.properties'',
' at Error (native)' ]
fatal: destination path 'firmware' already exists and is not an empty directory.
m

1 Like

@UMD i can confirm that.

Will inform the team. Thanks!

1 Like