[SOLVED] Unable to flash with 5.7.0 HTTP error 406

Greetings.
I'm using the following tools:
Particle Workbench v1.16.14
Particle cli version 3.20.0
VSCode 1.86.0

I've been working on a boron project for a while under 3.2.0, and decided to update it to 5.7.0. Now I am unable to flash the device. I had no issues updating the OS on the device to 5.7.0, but can't program the application.

If I use the IDE, local compiles work fine, but when I attempt a local flash, it always fails with

:::: STARTING FLASH

Flashing boron e00fce68c0c778c7407d8e9d

Including:
    boron/project.properties
    boron/src/AccelerometerInterface.cpp
    boron/src/AccelerometerInterface.h
    boron/src/ConfigInterface.cpp
    boron/src/ConfigInterface.h
  <deleted list to save space>

HTTP error 406 from https://api.particle.io/v1/binaries
make[1]: *** [flash-app] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os'
make: *** [flash-debug] Error 2

*  The terminal process "/bin/bash '-c', 'make -f '/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/buildscripts/1.15.0/Makefile' flash-debug'" terminated with exit code: 2. 
 *  Press any key to close the terminal.

If I try to flash from the cli, neither --local nor --usb work:

bash-3.2$ particle flash --usb target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.hex
Prefix extensions should end with END extension

bash-3.2$ particle flash --local target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.hex
Flashing boron e00fce68c0c778c7407d8e9d

Including:
    target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.hex

HTTP error 406 from https://api.particle.io/v1/binaries

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Mind just following the steps above quickly? ^

Thanks. I did the search and only found a discussion of a server error.

I also didn't flag it as a bug, because I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. After all, I'm baffled why a local USB flash would require access to api.particle.io, so I'm wondering if I have something configured incorrectly.

Hi there, this looks like a bug, stand by. Thanks!

Looks like you're using the Flash for debug (local) command.

Please turn on verbose compile logs and run the command again.

Did it successfully compile locally before attempting to flash? Please share the lines after :::: STARTING FLASH, like you did in your original post. I'm interested to see the CLI command that got run.

If you could also share the output of the "Particle: Audit environment" command, that would also help narrow down what's going on. Take a look before uploading it to make sure there isn't sensitive information you do not want to share in the data.

Also, if you want to manually flash a file using the CLI, the file you want out of the target directory is the .bin

particle flash --usb target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.bin

Thanks for the quick response.

I already had the verbose enabled. I just clipped it to reduce the size of the post. Here's the output from first part of the same IDE flash command. There are no errors:

*  Executing task: make -f '/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/buildscripts/1.15.0/Makefile' flash-debug 

:::: FLASHING APPLICATION

make -f /Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/buildscripts/1.15.0/Makefile flash-user-steps
make[1]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os'
cd "/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/main" && make all
make[2]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/main'
make -C ../modules/boron/user-part all
make[3]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'

mkdir -p /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/
make -f ../../../modules/shared/nRF52840/build_linker_script.mk PREBUILD=1
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'
Creating /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld ...
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'

make -C ../../../user 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/user'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/user'
make -C ../../../hal-dynalib 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/hal-dynalib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/hal-dynalib'
make -C ../../../services-dynalib 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/services-dynalib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/services-dynalib'
make -C ../../../system-dynalib 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/system-dynalib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/system-dynalib'
make -C ../../../rt-dynalib 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/rt-dynalib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/rt-dynalib'
make -C ../../../wiring 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/wiring'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/wiring'
make -C ../../../communication-dynalib 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/communication-dynalib'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/communication-dynalib'
make -C ../../../platform 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/platform'
make -C ../third_party/nrf5_sdk 
make[5]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/nrf5_sdk'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/nrf5_sdk'
make -C ../third_party/littlefs 
make[5]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/littlefs'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/littlefs'
make -C ../third_party/miniz 
make[5]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/miniz'
make[5]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/third_party/miniz'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/platform'
make -C ../../../wiring_globals 
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/wiring_globals'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/wiring_globals'
rm -f /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld
make -f ../../../modules/shared/nRF52840/build_linker_script.mk INTERMEDIATE_ELF=/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.elf
make[4]: Entering directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'
Creating /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld ...
make[4]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'

Generating the final ELF file...
/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/gcc-arm/10.2.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ -DMCU_DEVICE -DnRF52840 -DNRF52840_XXAA -DPLATFORM_THREADING=1 -DPLATFORM_ID=13 -DPLATFORM_NAME=boron -DPLATFORM_GEN=3 -DUSBD_VID_PARTICLE=0x2B04 -DUSBD_PID_DFU=0xD00D -DUSBD_PID_CDC=0xC00D -fno-builtin-puts -fno-builtin-printf -Wl,--wrap=puts -Wl,--wrap=printf -Wl,--wrap=_printf_i -Wl,--wrap=_svfprintf_r -Wl,--wrap=_scanf_i -Wl,--wrap=__ssvfscanf_r -g3 -gdwarf-2 -Os -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mabi=aapcs -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -DARM_CPU_CORTEX_M4 --specs=nano.specs -DSOFTDEVICE_PRESENT=1 -DS140 -DINCLUDE_PLATFORM=1 -D_WIZCHIP_=W5500 -fno-builtin -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DDFU_BUILD_ENABLE -DLFS_CONFIG=lfs_config.h -DSYSTEM_VERSION_STRING=5.7.0 -DRELEASE_BUILD -Werror -Wextra -I../../../user/inc -I../../../dynalib/inc -I../../../hal/shared -I../../../services/inc -I../../../third_party/nanopb/nanopb -I../../../hal/inc -I../../../hal/src/boron -I../../../hal/network/lwip/cellular -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../../../hal/src/armv7 -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840 -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840/lwip -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840/freertos -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840/mbedtls -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840/littlefs -I../../../hal -I../../../hal/src/nRF52840/posix -I../../../hal/network -I../../../hal/network/api -I../../../hal/network/lwip -I../../../hal/network/lwip/posix -I../../../hal/network/lwip/wiznet -I../../../hal/network/ncp -I../../../hal/network/ncp/at_parser -I../../../hal/network/util -I../../../third_party/lwip/lwip/src/include -I../../../third_party/freertos/freertos/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/GCC/nrf52 -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/freertos/portable/CMSIS/nrf52 -I../../../third_party/wiznet_driver/wiznet_driver/Ethernet -I../../../gsm0710muxer/gsm0710muxer/include -I../../../hal/shared -I../../../system/inc -I../../../rt-dynalib/inc -I../../../wiring/inc -I../../../modules/shared/nRF52840/inc -I../../../platform/shared/inc -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/toolchain/cmsis/include -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/include -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/mdk -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/hal -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/modules/nrfx/drivers/src/prs -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/util -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/mbr/nrf52840/headers -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/crc32 -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/integration/nrfx/legacy -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/log/src -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/experimental_section_vars -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/delay -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/queue -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/common -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140 -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/softdevice/s140/headers/nrf52 -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fifo -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_fifo -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/strerror -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/fstorage -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/atomic_flags -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/libraries/usbd/class/cdc/acm -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/common -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/nrf_ble_gatt -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/ble/ble_advertising -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/t2t_lib -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/platform -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/message -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/generic/record -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/lauchapp -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/text -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/components/nfc/ndef/uri -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/nrf_cc310/include -I../../../third_party/nrf5_sdk/nrf5_sdk/external/utf_converter -I../../../third_party/littlefs/littlefs -I../../../third_party/miniz/miniz -I../../../platform/MCU/nRF52840/inc -I../../../modules/shared/nRF52840/inc/user-part -I. -MD -MP -MF /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os_fi.elf.d -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -Wno-switch -fmessage-length=0 -Wno-error=deprecated-declarations -Wno-error=unused-parameter -Wimplicit-fallthrough=2 -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-cast-function-type -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-error=type-limits -fno-strict-aliasing -DSPARK=1 -DPARTICLE=1 -Werror=return-type -Wundef -DSTART_DFU_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=14400 -DSTART_YMODEM_FLASHER_SERIAL_SPEED=28800 -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-free -fno-builtin-realloc -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_SIZE=0x40000 -DUSER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_LOCATION=0xB4000 -DMODULAR_FIRMWARE=1 -DMODULE_VERSION=6 -DMODULE_FUNCTION=5 -DMODULE_INDEX=2 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY=4,1,5700 -DMODULE_DEPENDENCY2=0,0,0 -D_GNU_SOURCE  /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron//obj/./src/module_info.o /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron//obj/./src/user_export.o /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron//obj/./src/user_module.o /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron//obj/./src/newlib_stubs.o --output /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os_fi.elf -nostartfiles -Xlinker --gc-sections -Wl,--build-id -fno-use-cxa-atexit -fno-lto -L../../../build/arm/linker/nrf52840  -L../../../build/target/user/platform-13-m/x-newest-particle-os/ -L../../../build/target/services-dynalib/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/hal-dynalib/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/system-dynalib/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/rt-dynalib/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/wiring/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/communication-dynalib/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/platform/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/nrf5_sdk/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/littlefs/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/miniz/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/wiring_globals/platform-13-m/ -L../../../build/target/nrf5_sdk/platform-13-m -L../../../build/target/littlefs/platform-13-m -L../../../build/target/miniz/platform-13-m -L../../../build/arm/linker -Wl,--whole-archive -luser -lhal-dynalib -lservices-dynalib -lsystem-dynalib -lrt-dynalib -lwiring -lcommunication-dynalib -lplatform -lwiring_globals -lnrf5_sdk -llittlefs -lminiz -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -lnosys -L../../../modules/boron/system-part1 -L. -L/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/ -L../../../modules/shared/nRF52840 -T./linker.ld -Wl,--defsym,USER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_SIZE=0x40000 -Wl,--defsym,USER_FIRMWARE_IMAGE_LOCATION=0xB4000 -Wl,-Map,/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.map -Wl,--defsym,__STACKSIZE__=2048 -Wl,--defsym,__STACK_SIZE=2048
mv -f /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os_fi.elf /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.elf

/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/gcc-arm/10.2.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-size --format=berkeley /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.elf
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
 114744     866    2676  118286   1ce0e /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/x-newest-particle-os.elf
rm -f /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/target/5.7.0/boron/platform_user_ram.ld
make[3]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/modules/boron/user-part'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains/deviceOS/5.7.0/main'

And the cli flash worked successfully when I used the .bin file as you suggested. Thanks!

Apparently I exceeded the message size sending all at once, so here's the audit output:

Here's the audit environment info:

{
    "username": "pete",
    "workspace": {
        "name": "x-newest-particle-os",
        "isWorkspace": false,
        "folders": [
            {
                "location": "/Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os",
                "hasValidPath": true,
                "settings": {
                    "firmwareName": "deviceOS",
                    "firmwareVersion": "5.7.0",
                    "targetDevice": "boron",
                    "targetPlatform": "boron",
                    "compileButtonAction": "localAppDeviceOS",
                    "flashButtonAction": "localAppDeviceOS",
                    "disableWelcomeScreen": false,
                    "disableDeviceOSOutdatedCheck": true,
                    "disableLocalCompilerDirtyCheck": true,
                    "enableVerboseLocalCompilerLogging": true,
                    "compileDefines": [],
                    "customDeviceOSLocation": "",
                    "maxAllowedToolchains": 9
                },
                "files": [
                    ".DS_Store",
                    ".embedops-ci.yml",
                    ".git",
                    ".git/.DS_Store",
                    ".git/COMMIT_EDITMSG",
                    ".git/FETCH_HEAD",
                    ".git/HEAD",
                    ".git/ORIG_HEAD",
                    ".git/config",
                    ".git/description",
                    ".git/hooks",
                    ".git/index",
                    ".git/info",
                    ".git/logs",
                    ".git/objects",
                    ".git/refs",
                    ".gitignore",
                    ".gitlab-ci.yml",
                    ".trunk",
                    ".trunk/.gitignore",
                    ".trunk/actions",
                    ".trunk/configs",
                    ".trunk/logs",
                    ".trunk/notifications",
                    ".trunk/out",
                    ".trunk/plugins",
                    ".trunk/trunk.yaml",
                    ".vscode",
                    ".vscode/configurationCache.log",
                    ".vscode/dryrun.log",
                    ".vscode/launch.json",
                    ".vscode/settings.json",
                    ".vscode/tasks.json",
                    "Hardware",
                    "Hardware/.gitkeep",
                    "Hardware/Components.SchLib",
                    "Hardware/Footprints.PcbLib",
                    "Hardware/xxxx.OutJob",
                    "Hardware/xxxx.PcbDoc",
                    "Hardware/xxxx.PrjPcb",
                    "Hardware/xxxx.SchDoc",
                    "README.md",
                    "boron",
                    "boron/.DS_Store",
                    "boron/.vscode",
                    "boron/boron_firmware_1662593396005.bin",
                    "boron/boron_firmware_1662594407332.bin",
                    "boron/particle.ignore",
                    "boron/project.properties",
                    "boron/src",
                    "boron/target",
                    "project.properties",
                    "python-tool",
                    "python-tool/.DS_Store",
                    "python-tool/exploration",
                    "target",
                    "target/.DS_Store",
                    "target/3.1.0",
                    "target/5.7.0"
                ]
            }
        ]
    },
    "cli": {
        "binpath": "/Users/pete/.vscode/extensions/particle.particle-vscode-core-1.16.14/src/cli/bin/darwin/amd64/particle",
        "ok": true,
        "version": "3.20.0",
        "installed": 1705006538792
    },
    "localCompiler": {
        "ok": true,
        "dependencies": [
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@5.7.0",
                "ok": true
            },
            {
                "id": "gcc-arm@10.2.1",
            },
            {
                "id": "buildtools@1.1.1",
            },
            {
                "id": "buildscripts@1.15.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "openocd@0.11.0-particle.4",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@5.5.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@4.0.2",
            },
            {
                "id": "buildscripts@1.11.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@4.0.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@3.2.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "buildscripts@1.10.1",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@3.2.0-rc.1",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@3.1.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@3.0.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "gcc-arm@9.2.1",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@2.3.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@2.2.0",
            },
            {
                "id": "deviceOS@2.0.1",
            }
        ]
    },
    "platform": {
        "os": "darwin",
        "type": "Darwin",
        "release": "23.1.0",
        "arch": "x64",
        "path": {
            "key": "PATH",
            "value": "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2/bin:/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@global/bin:/Users/pete/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.7.2/bin:/Users/pete/.pyenv/shims:/usr/local/sbin:/Users/pete/bin:/Users/pete/.cargo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/usr/local/share/dotnet:~/.dotnet/tools:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands:/Users/pete/.rvm/bin",
            "entries": [
                "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2/bin",
                "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@global/bin",
                "/Users/pete/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.7.2/bin",
                "/Users/pete/.pyenv/shims",
                "/usr/local/sbin",
                "/Users/pete/bin",
                "/Users/pete/.cargo/bin",
                "/usr/local/bin",
                "/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin",
                "/usr/bin",
                "/bin",
                "/usr/sbin",
                "/sbin",
                "/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin",
                "/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin",
                "/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin",
                "/opt/X11/bin",
                "/Library/Apple/usr/bin",
                "/usr/local/share/dotnet",
                "~/.dotnet/tools",
                "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands",
                "/Users/pete/.rvm/bin"
            ]
        },
        "homeDir": "/Users/pete",
        "particleDir": "/Users/pete/.particle",
        "particleToolchainDir": "/Users/pete/.particle/toolchains"
    },
    "env": {
        "COMMAND_MODE": "unix2003",
        "DISPLAY": "/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.gUR2YulYwx/org.xquartz:0",
        "GEM_HOME": "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2",
        "GEM_PATH": "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2:/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@global",
        "HOME": "/Users/pete",
        "HOMEBREW_NO_AUTO_UPDATE": "1",
        "IRBRC": "/Users/pete/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.7.2/.irbrc",
        "LOGNAME": "pete",
        "MY_RUBY_HOME": "/Users/pete/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.7.2",
        "MallocNanoZone": "0",
        "OLDPWD": "/",
        "ORIGINAL_XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP": "undefined",
        "PATH": "/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2/bin:/Users/pete/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.2@global/bin:/Users/pete/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.7.2/bin:/Users/pete/.pyenv/shims:/usr/local/sbin:/Users/pete/bin:/Users/pete/.cargo/bin:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin:/usr/local/share/dotnet:~/.dotnet/tools:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands:/Users/pete/.rvm/bin",
        "PWD": "/",
        "PYENV_ROOT": "/Users/pete/.pyenv",
        "PYENV_SHELL": "zsh",
        "RUBY_VERSION": "ruby-2.7.2",
        "SHELL": "/bin/zsh",
        "SHLVL": "0",
        "SSH_AUTH_SOCK": "/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.Do7IXM7Xva/Listeners",
        "TMPDIR": "/var/folders/fc/1j21vpg94gb746x79hdjg_j80000gn/T/",
        "USER": "pete",
        "VSCODE_AMD_ENTRYPOINT": "vs/workbench/api/node/extensionHostProcess",
        "VSCODE_CODE_CACHE_PATH": "/Users/pete/Library/Application Support/Code/CachedData/05047486b6df5eb8d44b2ecd70ea3bdf775fd937",
        "VSCODE_CRASH_REPORTER_PROCESS_TYPE": "extensionHost",
        "VSCODE_CWD": "/",
        "VSCODE_HANDLES_UNCAUGHT_ERRORS": "true",
        "VSCODE_IPC_HOOK": "/Users/pete/Library/Application Support/Code/1.86-main.sock",
        "VSCODE_NLS_CONFIG": "{\"locale\":\"en-us\",\"osLocale\":\"en\",\"availableLanguages\":{},\"_languagePackSupport\":true}",
        "VSCODE_PID": "72316",
        "XPC_FLAGS": "0x0",
        "XPC_SERVICE_NAME": "application.com.microsoft.VSCode.45344873.45344879",
        "_": "/Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/MacOS/Electron",
        "__CFBundleIdentifier": "com.microsoft.VSCode",
        "__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING": "0x1F5:0x0:0x0",
        "argv": "first",
        "rvm_bin_path": "/Users/pete/.rvm/bin",
        "rvm_path": "/Users/pete/.rvm",
        "rvm_prefix": "/Users/pete",
        "rvm_version": "1.29.12 (latest)",
        "ELECTRON_RUN_AS_NODE": "1",
        "VSCODE_L10N_BUNDLE_LOCATION": "",
        "APPLICATION_INSIGHTS_NO_DIAGNOSTIC_CHANNEL": "1"
    },
    "versions": {
        "node": "18.17.1",
        "acorn": "8.8.2",
        "ada": "2.5.0",
        "ares": "1.19.1",
        "brotli": "1.0.9",
        "cldr": "43.0",
        "icu": "73.1",
        "llhttp": "6.0.11",
        "modules": "118",
        "napi": "9",
        "nghttp2": "1.52.0",
        "openssl": "1.1.1",
        "simdutf": "3.2.12",
        "tz": "2023c",
        "undici": "5.22.1",
        "unicode": "15.0",
        "uv": "1.44.2",
        "uvwasi": "0.0.18",
        "v8": "11.8.172.18-electron.0",
        "zlib": "1.2.13.1-motley",
        "electron": "27.2.3",
        "microsoft-build": "26495564",
        "chrome": "118.0.5993.159"
    },
    "vscode": {
        "appName": "Visual Studio Code",
        "appRoot": "/Applications/Visual Studio Code.app/Contents/Resources/app",
        "machineId": "",
        "sessionId": "",
        "version": "1.86.0"
    },
    "extensions": [
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.js-debug",
            "version": "1.86.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.js-debug-companion",
            "version": "1.1.2"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.vscode-js-profile-table",
            "version": "1.0.8"
        },
        {
            "id": "13xforever.language-x86-64-assembly",
            "version": "3.1.4"
        },
        {
            "id": "alexclewontin.make-lsp-vscode",
            "version": "2.0.2"
        },
        {
            "id": "asciidoctor.asciidoctor-vscode",
            "version": "3.1.10"
        },
        {
            "id": "BattleBas.kivy-vscode",
            "version": "0.5.5"
        },
        {
            "id": "BazelBuild.vscode-bazel",
            "version": "0.8.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "cismonx.texinfo",
            "version": "0.2.4"
        },
        {
            "id": "cschlosser.doxdocgen",
            "version": "1.4.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "dan-c-underwood.arm",
            "version": "1.7.4"
        },
        {
            "id": "dunstontc.vscode-rust-syntax",
            "version": "0.0.32"
        },
        {
            "id": "eamodio.gitlens",
            "version": "14.7.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "esbenp.prettier-vscode",
            "version": "10.1.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "GitHub.copilot-chat",
            "version": "0.11.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "hbenl.vscode-test-explorer",
            "version": "2.21.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ilg-vscode.xpack",
            "version": "0.5.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "jebbs.plantuml",
            "version": "2.17.5"
        },
        {
            "id": "kalitaalexey.vscode-rust",
            "version": "0.4.2"
        },
        {
            "id": "logerfo.sln-support",
            "version": "0.0.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "maelvalais.autoconf",
            "version": "0.2.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "marus25.cortex-debug",
            "version": "1.12.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "marus25.cortex-debug-dp-stm32l4",
            "version": "1.0.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "mcu-debug.debug-tracker-vscode",
            "version": "0.0.15"
        },
        {
            "id": "mcu-debug.memory-view",
            "version": "0.0.25"
        },
        {
            "id": "mcu-debug.peripheral-viewer",
            "version": "1.4.6"
        },
        {
            "id": "mcu-debug.rtos-views",
            "version": "0.0.7"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-azuretools.vscode-docker",
            "version": "1.28.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-dotnettools.vscode-dotnet-runtime",
            "version": "2.0.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-python.debugpy",
            "version": "2024.0.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-python.python",
            "version": "2024.0.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-python.vscode-pylance",
            "version": "2023.12.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-toolsai.vscode-jupyter-cell-tags",
            "version": "0.1.8"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-toolsai.vscode-jupyter-slideshow",
            "version": "0.1.5"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers",
            "version": "0.327.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode-remote.remote-ssh",
            "version": "0.107.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode-remote.remote-ssh-edit",
            "version": "0.86.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.cpptools",
            "version": "1.18.5"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.hexeditor",
            "version": "1.9.13"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.makefile-tools",
            "version": "0.8.22"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.remote-explorer",
            "version": "0.4.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "ms-vscode.test-adapter-converter",
            "version": "0.1.9"
        },
        {
            "id": "nordic-semiconductor.nrf-connect",
            "version": "2023.11.301"
        },
        {
            "id": "nordic-semiconductor.nrf-devicetree",
            "version": "2023.11.120"
        },
        {
            "id": "nordic-semiconductor.nrf-kconfig",
            "version": "2023.11.64"
        },
        {
            "id": "nordic-semiconductor.nrf-terminal",
            "version": "2023.10.17"
        },
        {
            "id": "numaru.vscode-ceedling-test-adapter",
            "version": "1.12.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "oderwat.indent-rainbow",
            "version": "8.3.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "particle.particle-vscode-core",
            "version": "1.16.14"
        },
        {
            "id": "particle.particle-vscode-pack",
        },
        {
            "id": "particle.particle-vscode-snippets",
        },
        {
            "id": "particle.particle-vscode-theme",
        },
        {
            "id": "piotrkosek.vscode-gtest-test-adapter-with-code-lens",
            "version": "2.3.31"
        },
        {
            "id": "rust-lang.rust-analyzer",
            "version": "0.3.1823"
        },
        {
            "id": "tamasfe.even-better-toml",
            "version": "0.19.2"
        },
        {
            "id": "technosophos.vscode-make",
            "version": "1.0.2"
        },
        {
            "id": "tht13.rst-vscode",
            "version": "3.0.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "trond-snekvik.gnu-mapfiles",
            "version": "1.1.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "vadimcn.vscode-lldb",
            "version": "1.10.0"
        },
        {
            "id": "webfreak.debug",
            "version": "0.26.1"
        },
        {
            "id": "withfig.fig",
            "version": "0.0.7"
        },
        {
            "id": "yzhang.markdown-all-in-one",
            "version": "3.6.2"
        }
    ]
}

Ah, you'll want to open the /Users/pete/Projects/xxxx/x-newest-particle-os/boron project in VS Code since that has the Particle firmware source code.

1 Like

Thank you. That fixed it. I was in the parent directory.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.