Spark USB issue
After weeks of VERY SUCCESSFUL operations, connecting the core using USB is trashing my PC. I have been using USB to set the SSID when needed and to debug code sequences to a serial window.
(WIN 7/ 64 bit/ Intel i7). Was the USB interface MODIFIED???
After connecting CORE 1 to the PC, less than 30 seconds, the mouse pointer is uncontrollable. Moves on its own, LEFT click will not work; can not close open windows. Have to manually (Reset Button) restart the PC. After restart, PC is stable until I connect the CORE using USB. CORE 2 was able to connect without trashing the port, but now is “blocked”.
CORE 2 Now having Problems
- Core 2 now WILL NOT connect to the USB, and obviously does not lock the port. (has slightly different code )
- Occasionally during BOOT, two RED flashes are observed before the cloud is connected.
- Windows is not automatically installing a driver.
- When CORE 1 is connected, USB driver is activated, and then 30 seconds after connection the PC is trashed.
- Connected USB a few hours ago, observed windows loading an updated driver; never saw windows doing that before.
- Other devices are able to load on the USB wire and operate properly (mouse, ULTRA port expander)
- Loaded an updated version of code that was being modified all day; nothing fancy, simply small changes; then it appears the problem started.
- The updated code in CORE 1 added some Serial.println functions; old code versions also had serial prints.
Suggestions are appreciated…