San Francisco: Meet other Spark.io users

I’m a software/hardware engineer living in San Francisco and a spark.io user; I’m interested to see if others on the forum are also in the city and have a project in mind or are interested in meeting others in the city

Earlier today I was browsing the projects on http://spark.hackster.io/ and a few are interesting;

Verdi

3 Likes

Spark HQ is moving to the bay area this summer. In fact, I think the migration will start next week with everyone gradually moving one or two at a time instead of everyone at once. You may be able to meet the Spark Team!

1 Like

It would be really cool to do a local Spark meetup once a week or month. Unfortunately I don’t live in San Francisco, but if I did I would definitely be interested in this :wink: There has got to be a million cool Hackerspaces/Makerspaces in SF already too, which would be a great starting point… but then again even a local cafe or bar could work out too.

1 Like

@vergun this is such a great idea and something we definitely want to do as we make the transition to SF! We’d love to hear feedback on what sort of event you’d like to see put on by Spark - though of course we’d love community organized events too :wink:

Are you thinking project shares? How-to? Just general meet-ups?

1 Like

@wgbartley sure! it’d be great to grab coffee or drinks with some of the team when they get out west

@bdub there are many, but not centered around spark.io

@Steph I just noticed many people are working on projects independently on the forum; these projects are of reasonable quality; but I think more ambitious projects could be tackled with people interacting in person and leveraging the spark core; I think just getting together would be a start

3 Likes