Removing compiled code

Forgive me, I just got my Photon up and running, so I’m very new to this. I flashed it with a simple “blinky” code and it works great. Now - how do I remove/reset/disable this code? Do I have to re-flash the original firmware? I just basically want to undo what I did and try some other scripts…documentation/forums aren’t clear on this (from what I can find).

Thank you!

Just reflash with the new code that you want to try. It will run the last program you flash. No need that I can think of to erase flash.

Ahh. Ok, so if I just flash it with a blank file it seems to stop the currently running code. I guess that’s what I wanted for now. Thanks for your help!

You can reflash tinker from the mobile app which is the app it originally came with.
Just click on a device thats online but not running tinker and you get a reflash tinker option.

1 Like

But what's the point of doing that? It doesn't hurt to leave it running, and if you want to try something else, just flash that. There's no need to 'wipe/remove/wipe/clear' it beforehand, since it will just overwrite what was on there in the first place.
What are you trying to achieve?

1 Like

I just wanted to get the “blinky” code to stop running -hence just flashing it with a blank file until I began coding some other examples. In any case either re-flashing with tinker, or a blank file seems to have done the trick.