I’ve been messing around with the Photon over the last few days, and when it worked, it was a great experience coming from traditional wired microcontrollers! Unfortunately, today everything seemed to go wrong… I’ll try to summarize what happened in chronological order:
- Everything was working perfectly fine - open Web IDE, write code, press flash, blink purple, blink green, blink blue, breathe blue, program runs
- After flashing a new program iteration, everything seemed to be going well: press flash, blink purple, blink green, blink blue, breathe blue, program starts execution. Problem is, the program executing was the one that was running prior to the flash, not the one I actually flashed.
- I tried flashing a few more times - same thing
- Tried flashing in safe mode - same thing
- Tried “green” reset - went back to running Tinker (and working properly - able to set pins high and low and retrieve values)
- Tried flashing my code - LED pattern as flashing code, but still Tinker running
- Tried flashing Blinky code - LED pattern as flashing code, but still Tinker running
- Tried reinstalling firmware - was successful, back to Tinker
- Tried flashing Blinky code - LED pattern same as flashing code, but still Tinker running
- Tried various other combinations of safe mode, different code, etc. The device seems to be working just fine running Tinker, I just can’t seem at all to be able to upload anything to it, no matter how simple
Wondering if anyone has had the issue before and how I might solve it?