Received today and getting a "Could not claim core." error [SOLVED]

Pretty excited to play around with this thing. The cloud is angry though. I get a "Could not claim core." error out of the box at Particle Web IDE

It's breathing cyan and I'm able to play with it though the Android Spark app to light up some leds. I don't know what to do.

EDIT: Little more digging. The server is responding:

Failed to claim core, server said [ 'That belongs to someone else' ]
Please wait until your core is breathing cyan and then press ENTER

:frowning:

You may need to send the Spark Team an e-mail at hello@spark.io about being unable to claim your core. You’ll need to know the device ID of the particular core you have in your hands. The easiest way to do this is to Connect over USB and press i once connected to get the device ID. You should be able to copy-and-paste that device ID into your e-mail and they can help get it resolved.

1 Like

Ok, I contacted the Spark Team. Turns out that I had somehow already claimed it under a second misspelt account name. No idea how or when during the claiming process that happened, but that was my problem. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Dang it all. I think I spoke too soon. I unassociated my core from my accidental account a few days ago. Only today have I sat down to claim it on my correct account. Still can’t claim it. Tried the app, which results in a breathing cyan light on the core, but the app never gets past the wifi view.

Then tried the spark cli, which gets it to the breathing cyan point again, before dumping:

========================================
Claiming your core

Failed to claim core, server said  [ 'Device is not connected' ]

and so on. :frowning: Maybe it’s me.

1 Like

Success! I didn’t do anything except attempt to claim it from spark.io/build again. I suppose waiting 10 min and retrying was the solution.

2 Likes