My core said "it belongs to someone else" [SOLVED]

I’ve juste received my core, and followed the procedure to register and claim the core.

I’ve been able to connect just once after several attempt using the iPhone app , but not since, and the core did not appears on the web interface.

So I used the USB procedure using spark-cli, and I have a:

- Is your core blinking blue?  Then press ENTER - 
Your core id is: 55ff6e065075555331250287

========================================

Done!  Your core should now restart.

Please wait until your core is breathing cyan and then press ENTER

========================================
Claiming your core

Failed to claim core, server said  [ 'That belongs to someone else' ]
Please wait until your core is breathing cyan and then press ENTER

So, what should I do now? thanks for any feedback

Someone from the Spark Team will need to look up and release your core. They have the core ID in your post above, which is good. I know most of them are traveling today, but you might be able to catch one of them in between flights. I recommend sending an e-mail to hello@spark.io regarding the error message. Be sure to send them the core ID that you posted as well as the e-mail address you use to log in to the web IDE (just in case it's different). This will open up a trouble ticket in their system that can be tracked.

It sounds like doubling your work, but I just want to make sure you have all your bases covered to get it resolved as quickly as possible!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, email sent!

1 Like

Still no news from spark??? Everybody sleeping? :frowning:

I know they had the day off on Monday for travel and Tuesday off for recuperation. You should see something from them tomorrow!

@tomsoft Sorry for the unusually slow response. As @wgbartley mentioned, we had an unusually low amount of support resources this past week due to Maker Faire in San Mateo and travel afterwards, but everything should be back to normal now. I’m writing a response to your email right now!

2 Likes

Ok, thanks a lo, and thanks for the support!

1 Like

Is it safe to mark this thread as resolved?

1 Like

Yes! Sounds like we got it figured out :smile: