Question about Data Operations limits on Sandbox vs. Growth

We have a sandbox account with a limit of 100 devices, and also one WiFi Growth block with up to 100 devices. We had one customer in the Sandbox do something that has caused our DOs to spike this month (70% usage with 50% of our billing period left).

My understanding is that if we hit the Sandbox limit of data operations, Particle will pause our devices. If we exceed our 720k data operations limit in our Growth block, is my understanding correct that in this case Particle will not pause, but rather just automatically bill for an extra block(s)?

And lastly, particle.publishVitals() does not count toward data operations, is that correct?

@Colleen can I tag you in here?

My understanding is that if we hit the Sandbox limit of data operations, Particle will pause our devices.

This is correct in the free plan. All devices will be paused until the beginning of the next billing cycle.

If we exceed our 720k data operations limit in our Growth block, is my understanding correct that in this case Particle will not pause, but rather just automatically bill for an extra block(s)?

This is correct. An additional block will be added to your growth plan. Note that this will reset the number of growth blocks to the new higher number for the next billing cycle as well. If you had an anomaly that caused an unusually large number of blocks in a single month, you can submit a support ticket to reduce the number back down the the original number of blocks in subsequent months.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.