Photon sold out in Particle Store?

I need to order a few Photons for my project. I just found out that Photon is sold out from the Particle Store. Does anyone know when will the Photon be available?

HI @Peter75 -

I checked in the wholesale store, seems to be back in stock fairly soon? Have you maybe considered using Argon devices instead??

Regards,
Friedl.

1 Like

Have you checked distributors like Adafruit, Sparkfun, Digikey, Mouser etc.? They usually have the Photon in stock.

EDIT:
It looks like Mouser has the most in stock.

Arrow also has some in stock.

Also for future reference, Octopart is a great website for searching for parts. https://octopart.com/search?q=particle+photon&currency=USD&specs=0

2 Likes

Hi Nathan: Great suggestion. I found some stock in Mouser ( all other places are out of stock). Thanks !!

Peter

1 Like

Thanks!! Unfortunately, I already design the project with Photon. I do not want to redesign the PCB. I did find some stock in Mouser.

Peter

Hi Peter -

Glad to hear you managed!!

DigiKey is also no bad, I just always try to buy Particle things from Particle if at all possible :slight_smile:

Makes sense. I am considering moving to Gen 3 devices myself as it comes with the built-in battery charger :slight_smile:

Regards,
Friedl.

Not an ideal scenario, but you can use a classic adapter for testing and use. Ive used these successfully in a product for argons and borons to replace photons and electrons.

1 Like

that's right! I came here to mention the adapter but you beat me to it :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.