Photon not delivered no response from particle [Particle Responding :) ]

My Photon Kit has not been delivered.

So far the Particle team has not responded to four emails (shipping@particle.io and hello@particle.io) seeking resolution of the issue.
I am in Sydney Australia, the shipping company USPS can only be contacted from within the USA because the contact page on its tracking web site will not accept an Australian receipt address.

Original Particle Order: 101668747
USPS Shipping Tracking Number: LZ822430794US.

The USPS site claims the package has been delivered to Sydney airport, which is about twenty minutes drive from my house, on 5/7 at 7:35 am. After ten days I have not received the package.
After considerable effort I have discovered USPS hands delivery over to Australia Post for the final leg. Australia post recognised the tracking number but according to Australia Post the package has not entered Australia. They say that USPS tracking site is notoriously inaccurate and can provide no further information as to the whereabouts of the package.

I am hoping that someone at Particle can take responsibility for resolving this.

Regards
cvbh

CC @kmmonk

Still no response from Particle.
Do they monitor this forum?

We can certainly empathise that it is frustrating not knowing where things are at, but please be patient. Our support team are dealing with hundreds of mails and tickets each day. Each one takes time to follow up, investigate and resolve. They will get to yours as soon as is humanly possible.

I checked your tracking number, which says this:

Your item was processed through a facility in AUSTRALIA on July 15, 2015 at 10:27 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
2 Likes

Hi @cvbh,

Good question, indeed we do! We use the forums very actively, Iā€™ll ping people and see whatā€™s up.

There has been a really tremendous influx of emails recently, and I know Kevin and Corey are answering many hundreds of emails each day, but we strive to response quickly so Iā€™ll ping them and see whatā€™s up.

Thanks,
David

2 Likes

Hi @cvbh,

Iā€™m not seeing your email in our support email system at all, can you private-message me what email address youā€™re emailing from so I can help find it? Did you get an automated reply message, something like ā€œThanks for writing to Particle!ā€ back from your email?

I wonder if your email wasnā€™t delivered for some reason?

Thanks,
David

July 5 is 15 days ago, not 2

I pasted the line below - please see the message for the edit.

cvbh@bigpond.net.au

And yet when i call the local delivery agent, Australia Post, they tell me that the item has not arrived in Australia and that the USPS tracking system is notoriously inaccurate.

I have sent five separate emails to, ā€˜hello@particle.ioā€™ and ā€˜shipping@particle.ioā€™ over the past 7 days with out a response.

Hi @cvbh,

Hmm, thatā€™s really strange, I donā€™t know why that email doesnā€™t appear to be delivered. Can you send me a copy of your original email to david at particle.io ?

edit: It looks like those emails were filtered into spam by a pre-filter, and didnā€™t show up in our support system, sorry about that!

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hi @cvbh,

Iā€™m really sorry we didnā€™t see your emails sooner, and Iā€™m sorry they were filtered into spam by our filter by mistake. We use the same kind of filter as gmail, who is usually very, very good at correctly identifying suspicious emails, so I wonder if something is up with your email host.

Can you try using this form to score your email hostā€™s reputation? Iā€™ve had good luck with this service in the past, and it might help avoid this kind of issue in the future. :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David

I just noticed this post about some recent changes to Googleā€™s Spam filter and thought of this thread, sounds like maybe they changed something (warning strong language):

Thanks,
David

Well it arrived after twenty days in the wilderness, what was lost now is found.
In the mean time when it was still lost my credit card was refunded.
Please go ahead and charge my card for the kit.

Thanks to the Particles who followed up for me.
Cheers
Chris

1 Like