Device type: Photon (0.6.0)
Firmware version installed on the device: Tinker
Firmware flashed from: Build, CLI (1.19.4), Android App
I have a Photon that seems to lose Wifi credentials after every firmware flash. After troubleshooting, this is what I have:
- The Photon is blinking blue
- The Photon has no jumpers attached to it – just the USB cable, on a breadboard
- It has just been re-flashed with 0.6.0, using the Particle Device Updater
- I run
particle setup wififrom the CLI (1.19.4), and it successfully joins my network
- The Photon connects to the cloud, and breathes cyan. I can confirm Tinker works correctly with the Android app
- I re-flash Tinker using either the Android App, Build, or CLI (same result either way)
- The Photon resets, and quickly starts to blink blue again.
I haven’t seen this before. It was working as normal earlier today, while I was starting to set up an Adafruit ADS1015 ADC. The Photon was connected to that ADC over I2C, as well as to an analog sensor, and a few Neopixels. At some point the blue “listening mode” just started happening after every firmware flash.
Does it look like something was damaged? It is able to successfully connect the the cloud, and works fine after the wifi setup, it just needs the wifi setup every time. I would appreciate any help you can offer.