October 21st 2020: Device OS v2.0.0-rc.3
A new Release Candidate Device OS v2.0.0-rc.3 is available now on https://build.particle.io for Photon/P1/Electron/Argon/Boron/B SoM/B5 SoM/Tracker.
- A lot of cellular bugfixes/improvements
- [Gen 3] SPI MOSI pin drive strength is now set to high by default to support higher frequencies better
- When going into sleep without specifying network interface as a wake-up source, cloud connection will be properly terminated (allowing session resume on wake-up). When network interface is specified as a wake-up source, we’ll be sending a ping to the cloud on wake-up to make sure that the connection is still alive.
- In certain cases LED wasn’t going back to blinking green (network connecting) from cyan when the network connection was lost during some initial cloud connection process. This is now fixed.
- On platforms with PMIC, warm boots will no longer cause occasional modem brownouts due to current limit dropping to 100mA
- LTE Borons / B SoMs should now be establishing cellular connection much quicker from warm boot (we’ve introduced a workaround for peculiar SARA R410 modem behavior)
- Some standard C library functions are now exported from the system and are no longer needed to be compiled into the application saving some flash space
Be sure to read the full collection of release notes Particle Device OS Updates Thread.