Updates from Sprint 45!
tl;dr Electron manufacturing strides, fast OTA deployed, new office!
- We finished the first draft of the Solar Shield and Asset Tracker Shield for the Electron!
- We sent out the first draft of packaging for the Electron to get samples. Curious about the packaging experience? Check out last week’s Particle Interactions with Will Hart.
- Finalized the BOM for the Sensor Kit! Now we’re ready to test and purchase.
- Finalized the Electron PCB design (v016, under final review)
- We have Fast OTA running on production servers. This has been a huge improvement, showing update speeds up to 10x faster! What used to be the “magenta blinking” state of your OTA user firmware update may now simply appear as one or two magenta flashes due to the speed.
- Offline compiling in Particle Dev is ready for internal testing.
- We have safe mode healer ready for deployment early next week. Safe mode healer detects a device in safe mode, and automatically attempts to send updates needed by the running app.
- We’ve made major steps towards our new e-commerce site, which will be launching next week.
- We made a new Kickstarter update!
- The Solar Kit has gone down in price to $129 (2G) / $149 (3G)
- We are getting close to the launch of a new support portal to make troubleshooting easier.
- We moved to a new HQ office in San Francisco! We’re in the Dogpatch now. For further comments on this, check out last week’s Particle Interactions with Will Hart.