Updates from Sprint 44!
tl;dr Electron beta going well, firmware 0.4.6 milestone, improvements continue…
- Completed all material purchasing for next round of “beta+” hardware units
- Electron beta program has aided in discovery and exploration of the following issues, helping us improve the user experience of the Electron before shipping:
- Connection behavior
- Deep sleep power optimization
- Fast battery charging
- First draft of Solar Kit PCB created for testing
- First drafts of Electron packaging designed and ready for prototyping
- We’ve closed 32 of 33 issues in the firmware v0.4.6 milestone. Here’s a checklist of v0.4.6 items we need to document.
- An exciting part of v0.4.6 is a beta release of multithreading on the Photon.
- We have a new cloud feature called “safe mode healer” that will automatically determine what updates a device needs to get out of safe mode into breathing cyan. We are testing it in preparation for deployment next week.
- Electron setup will mostly web based. The mobile team created proof of concept barcode and credit card scanning demos.
- Mobile SDKs are ready for Android M and iOS 9.
- Made some big strides in improving the e-commerce experience. More details to be announced in the next 2 weeks!
- For our international customers, we’re making efforts to provide the best shipping options possible as well as to open relationships with new distribution partners in additional geographies.
- We are continually ingesting feedback from users of the Device Management Dashboard in order to improve the user experience.
- Ran a wonderful Particle Interaction with Zach Supalla!
- New community resources continue to be developed and examined. If you have something you’d like to see, make a topic!
- Improvements to the support page are being developed and should be released soon!