RTS circuit:     ON

Status for device CON:
----------------------
    Lines:          3000
    Columns:        134
    Keyboard rate:  31
    Keyboard delay: 1
    Code page:      850

I also pulled up device manager side by side my windows terminal and the COM port ond devie manager matches that displayed by the windows mode command. If your uncomfortable with this command, lets just go with device manager to reduce variables.

I've tried that. But both particle serial monitor and device manager do not show COM ports being added when I plug in a particle on an older device version. Without triggering/adding a COM port (or ACM port on linux) I am unsure how to get the 14400 baud rate to work. Unless I am missing something here.

My goal is to basically do a following:

• Buy a few trays of particles
  • Plug them in into a powered USB hub fresh out of the trays (this means that the particles will be running whatever deviceOS they come with from the factory, you mentioned IIRC pre 0.8.0-rc27 since particle-cli USB commands do not work yet)
  • Run a script to update the deviceOS so a desired version for all the plugged in particles without manual intervention. Currently I am manually toggling the device into DFU mode via Mode/Reset buttons which is not scalable for large quantities.
  • Flash the desired firmware.bin

The particle CLI tool was newly installed this week (v2.0.1) and I had to run the stand alone driver installer in New Windows Drivers and general availability of mesh and USB CLI commands to get the CLI usb commands to work. The device seems to be recognized and the CLI commands work on newer device OS (i.e. I am able to run all particle usb commands, serial monitor etc..). So this seems to be fine for me.

My windows environment is Windows 10 Pro, x64, version 1909.

The device out of trays are in listening mode since their fresh from the trays. They are probably running thinker. These are brand new devices which I just pulled out from a tray of 50. They are completely not updated and not flashed in anyway.

With regards to the deviceOS, I am actually not too sure. Currently it is whatever deviceOS particle provides from the factory out of the box for its trays. I can contact particle support if need be to find this deviceOS version number or if you know how let me know I can try to find out. I know particle identify does the job but on these older deviceOS, the CLi commands dont seem to work =( .

The 14400 baud trick seems to work perfectly as long as a COM/ACM port is triggered and I can trigger serial monitor or some other form of starting serial (i.e. putty/screen/miniterm). Triggering the port to appear is where I am stuck on. Again, newer deviceOS models seem to work no problem.