Order info and shipment tracking?

I placed an order recently, and the “confirmation” email I received for this order, number P22479, gives no link to view order status, and any attempts to find something online have failed miserably. I found one option miles deep into the FAQ page, and, seemingly par for the course with the particle.io websites, the link is broken.

First, why are support options, customer/sales support, order support, tracking, etc. etc. all so thin with this website and this company?? Everything has to be done through several rounds of community messages, emails, and a lot of wasted time. This isn’t the first time I’ve had trouble getting information, and I really hope that by the time my product design is finished and goes to production these issues will be cleaned up with this company. I cannot have manufacturing held up for such simple things as not being able to find customer support phone numbers or online order tracking info.

All that said, can someone please contact me ASAP and let me know what’s going on with my order and tell me how to track the shipment that hopefully is on its way (since I’ve not been contacted at all regarding any delays).

Thanks.

Hey there, sorry you’re having trouble finding things, that’s not the way it ought to be. Since you’ve unfortunately encountered this more than once, or so it seems, would you be so kind as to point out which areas in particular could use some TLC? That way, a more concentrated effort can be made by Particle to improve on those pain-points.

That said, if you want an official answer from support, the customer support team should best be contacted directly. Though they have a presence on the forums, it’s better to handles cases as your own via the existing support system, since it’s a rather personal doesn’t-matter-to-anyone-else type of question.

Have you email support already?

1 Like

I have emailed support and have only received an automated response.

I’ve brought these issues up before and nothing has changed. There are no contact phone numbers I can find, no email addresses, and the only way to contact anyone seems to be a simple online form which I have no idea if anyone is even seeing, since all I got was an automated response. As a hardware engineer I work with many manufacturers and vendors, and I simply do not have these issues with any other company. Where are your phone numbers and other contact info, including email addresses and physical addresses?? I like your products but these are basic things that make your company very hard to work with. I have an accounts payable department just like any normal company and there’s no way they’ll add your company as an approved vendor with these kind of issues. Also, as I said, your order tracking was way too hard to find, and even when I did find a link, the link was broken. It seems you’re using some external service and it doesn’t even work. Order tracking difficulty is another huge red flag for a/p departments.

@dluberger, @Moors7 and I don’t work for Particle. We are Elite volunteers here in the community. I have passed on your concerns to Particle who hopefully will address them shortly.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

@dluberger Hey there!

Sorry for the delay on getting back to you, I was in communication with our fulfillment team to figure out what was going on. We had a shipment of the Photons without headers come in a couple weeks ago, but apparently we sold out within those 2 weeks, causing a few orders to essentially be on hold since we are out of stock. Normally when we know something’s going to be out of stock, we mark it on the store and it’s unable to be purchased, but with the holiday last week and our offices being closed, this one slipped and some people were able to order when we were out of stock.

Luckily, I was able to find someone on the team with 2 sealed Photons without headers so they’re going to send those to you and we’ll send you the rest of your order from our warehouse, otherwise, it’ll be a couple weeks till they’re back in stock. As soon as I have the tracking information from both of those, I’ll shoot those to you in a direct message.

Thanks for your patience and understanding with this, let me know if you have any other questions!

Regards,
Kevin @ Particle

4 Likes