This thread is awesome! Lots of questions here about blinking lights, I’ll try to provide the answers where I can:
How to - electron safe mode
- This is just like for the photon or core, but the electron takes longer to restart. So it’s normal for it to go through the startup / connection sequence (white, blinking green, slow cyan, fast cyan, then breathing magenta)
Electron fast flashing red while fast flashing cyan, can’t count the blinks
- This does indeed sound like a key issue. Make sure you update your copy of the CLI, and try the keys doctor with the CLI ( https://github.com/spark/particle-cli#particle-keys-doctor ). The electron key is slightly different than for the other boards, and the newer CLI knows how to fix it.
Electron factory reset?
- Safe-mode has replaced factory reset to help free up more space for applications for both the Photon and the Electron, so you won’t find factory reset while cycling through the bootloader modes.
Electron is flashing solid blue (listening mode / setup mode)
- We’ve noticed some of the SIM card holder pins can become bent down, and don’t make good contact with the sim card. You can (very gently!) ever so slightly bend these pins up a tiny bit, and that should help make contact with your SIM card.
Electron is flashing green forever
- Make sure your sim card is inserted and has good contact, and that your antenna is connected. Make sure you go to setup.particle.io and activate your SIM card if you haven’t yet. Also check to make sure your Electron model number is a match for your country. https://docs.particle.io/support/troubleshooting/common-issues/electron/#1-is-your-electron-compatible-with-your-local-cellular-network-
Electron is flashing cyan forever
- Your electron thinks it’s on the network, but it can’t send data for some reason. Try our troubleshooting guide ( https://docs.particle.io/support/troubleshooting/common-issues/electron/#blinking-green ). If that doesn’t work, email us with your ICCID (sim card number), and location, and any extra information you can provide at http://support.particle.io (use the form at the bottom) . We’re getting a lot of emails about the Electron, so it might take a while to respond, but that form helps group the email into the right category.
(I’ll edit this in place as I add more)