Network already exists problem, Argon

I’ve seriously baked my mesh network by somehow corrupting the Argon gateway. When I try to start over the phone app tells me the network already exists. I’ve turned all my nodes off (powered down) and read somewhere on the forum that you need to remove the nodes to delete the network. How or where is this done? I can find nothing on the console or the phone app.

The console encourages me to add a gateway to the existing network but there doesn’t appear to be a way to complete that process because the phone app fails with existing network.

Is the solution to create a new network with the Argon and the go and move all the Xenons over to the new network using the phone app? This doesn’t seem like a productive way to do things if your gateway fails and needs replacing?

Thanks in advance for any help

What is the state of the Argon?

At this time, I believe you can only create new mesh networks with an Argon. So if your Argon was corrupted and knocked off the mesh network, you cannot add that Argon back to the existing mesh. All you can do is create a new mesh network and the add all the endpoints to the new mesh.

Thank you @ninjatill, that's what I figured and this morning I've got everthing up and running again :sweat_smile::+1:

Now on to more productive things.

@kennethlimcp, The Argon wasn't bricked, just confused. I was using it as the assisting device to bring a problematic Xenon back online. Everything went sideways when I entered the mesh password, all of a sudden none of my other devices could get to the cloud anymore, the Argon had somehow been kicked off the mesh network. The Argon itself had no problem connecting to the cloud, breathing cyan. Everyone else was rapid flashing green with intermittent yellow/orange.

After 30 minutes to an hour of that I tried to run setup on the Argon again and ran into the existing network problem.

This morning I created a new network on the Argon and then moved the Xenons over one by one with the setup app. Interesting and disconcertingly none of the moved Xenons could connect to the cloud until I moved the last Xenon over to the new network. They were all rapid flashing cyan with intermittent red. Once the last one got moved all the Xenons suddenly started breathing cyan. I suspect some sort of mesh conflict in the cloud until the old mesh got removed when no devices were associated with it anymore, at least that's my SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway, all is well now and I'm back to being a happy camper.....or should that be a meshy camper :roll_eyes:

PS @kennethlimcp, I just read this post

and I was running a simple heartbeat loop on the Argon at the time. Heres the bits I inserted into Tinker just in case that makes a difference.

unsigned long heartbeatTimer = millis();
uint32_t heartbeatCounter = 0;
bool ledState = FALSE;
char pub[20];

void setup()
{
	//Setup the Tinker application here

pinMode(D7, OUTPUT);
	digitalWrite(D7, HIGH);

}

/* This function loops forever --------------------------------------------*/
void loop()
{
    if (millis() - heartbeatTimer >= 1000) {
        ledState = !ledState;
        digitalWrite(D7, ledState);
        heartbeatCounter++;
        snprintf (pub, sizeof pub, "%lu", heartbeatCounter);
        Mesh.publish("BunnyHop", pub);
        heartbeatTimer = millis();
    }
	//This will run in a loop
}

I too was confused by no being able to add Argons to a network. Rather long cronicle of the whoe experience here