How is the forum itself built?

I really like the design and workflow of the forum itself - is it an in-house project only, or did it come from some external set of forum libraries? I’ve been using Moot forums on a website I built for myself, but I like these a lot more! Any advice?

www.discourse.org. One of the 2013 popular project :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. This forum is one of the best I have ever used before.

1 Like

I just wish it had the Unread/New links at the top of every page instead of just the main forum index. That way when you’re finished reading a thread, you can simply click the Unread or New link in the header and go back to your “to-read” list.

1 Like

Your reward for reading to the end of the thread is the links :smile:

I like discourse, its amazing clean an beautiful :smile:

Strangely enough, I don’t get the unread and new topics line at the bottom. I’m jealous of your bottom.

1 Like

Hmmm… I wonder if it’s a moderator thing… maybe @zachary knows?

I’m thinking it has to do with the threads you ever read.

Like if you read it before, new posts count will appear ‘posts since you last read’

Or under your account, preferences, categories, tracking, you can key those categories you want to track and the post count and unread will appear.

But I think we don’t have to end up doing that.

Maybe my 1st point is crucial. Hahaha

1 Like

Whoa, there.

...filler text for Discourse

4 Likes

Lol, I didn’t even catch that… now I’m hoping zachary doesn’t know :S

1 Like

On a similar note, I had a question about forum functionality. How does one “embed” (for lack of a better term) the contents or portion of text with a link into a post? I took a screenshot of one of @BDub’s posts from another thread to cite an example.

It’s just happens! That’s whats’ nice about discourse.

You paste a link and if they can give a preview, it would :smile:

Example:

Ahhh… I must have never pasted a Discourse-friendly link! Thanks!

Your hopes come true—I’ve no idea. :smile: I see the links at the bottom, so maybe it’s a moderator thing… but I don’t know why it would be—seems universally useful.

I’m not a moderator and I see all the links and unread topics just like you are. I think everybody sees the same thing.

Thank you @RWB! I was surprised, so that makes me feel better.

1 Like