How can I change Particle Workbench Installation Path?

How can I change the default installation path for Particle Workbench? It forces the installation path to be my "user path" which has spaces and causes problems (see print-out below). Forcing the installation path this way is unheard of when using modern day tools. I cannot believe that is being done!!!

Executing task in folder HAICU_V_1_0: make -f 'C:\Users\Miguel M Cubillas.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.9.2\Makefile' compile-all -s <

:::: COMPILING APPLICATION & DEVICE OS

make[1]: C:/Users/Miguel: Command not found
../build/arm-tools.mk:61: *** "ARM gcc version 5.3.1 or later required, but found ". Stop.
make: *** [C:\Users\Miguel M Cubillas.particle\toolchains\buildscripts\1.9.2\Makefile:60: compile-all] Error 2
The terminal process terminated with exit code: 2

Hey @mmcubillas, welcome to the community.

The most straightforward solution to your issue would be to change the name of your user folder: https://superuser.com/a/1346983

Defaulting to installing in home folders is common for development tools these days. Unfortunately it’s increasingly common for operating systems to create paths with spaces, much to the annoyance of the people who develop those tools.

I’m also curious to know if the installation directory can be changed from the default, but ~/.particle isn’t very invasive however.

Ping @m_m for additional insight.