Growth Plan and Data Ops limits for Free Plan go live September 8

Thank you for providing this information and early awareness! I did have a few comments I'd appreciate you considering.

I understand the need to pause communications to delinquent accounts. You somehow have to enforce it.... that makes sense. However, if someone wasn't paying attention to their email (as many of us get clutter in our email or some emails get auto filtered to spam) and their devices get paused it certainly will grab their attention when all devices seemingly stop communicating (a good thing). So is there a way to "increase" or level up their billing plan to re-activate/un pause all devices while still in the current billing cycle and NOT have to wait for the next billing cycle? It would be very frustrating as a customer to not notice this (do to email spam filters) until it's too late. I read this as once it's paused the only way to un pause is to wait until the next billing cycle. I hope this isn't the case and I'm just mis understanding.

The next major consideration is we will need insights into what is causing each data operation by type, by device, by day. This need has been discussed several times in the past without any clear guidance on how to obtain this data. Seems like the only way to get insights is to submit a support ticket.

I've already tried to do my due diligence in reducing my own data operations. I've made a lot of progress in doing so. However, just like these other posts, I still need additional insight of total data operations by device, by type and even by day. With this additional data, I can adequately control data operations totals as well as forecast how many "blocks" of service I will need for the next billing period.

So second question: How will Particle be providing this additional data operations insights? Can the Fleet health include a summary trend of all data operations by Day? Can we somehow see insights into data operations by device (similar to the SIM Card data usage trend?). How can we trend this for earlier billing cycles? How can we trend this for current billing cycle by day? Seems like if the meter is on Data Operations, then you will need to provide more tools around this to keep customers happy.

Thanks for considering these!

5 Likes