Finding Com Port

I am trying to find the MAC address for my Photon using Putty, but in order to do that, I need to write down the corresponding COM port that the device is connected to. However, when I open my device manager, this is what I see. I am unable to see which COM it is, so I was hoping to see if anyone has encountered this problem and could help.

I tried doing it on another computer and the same thing happens.

there is a utility called USBDeview for windows that will show current state of USB & COM ports plus some additional worthwhile information. there is a good chance that this utility can help you solve the issue.

1 Like

Where do I find the COM, I can only see the ports and hubs:

@thrainbow Did you install the particle-cli package? It seems that you don’t have serial driver installed.

Yup, CLI is the swiss army knife for Particle devices
https://binaries.particle.io/cli/installer/windows/ParticleCLISetup.exe

you move to the right by using the sliding bar or the right/left arrow keys.

OK, I installed the setup file and am now trying to actually install it, but when I follow the instructions for typing the line on the command prompt I see this:
I’m just typing this up on a regular command prompt. Is it my syntax or something else? Sorry I’m kind of a noob at all of this.

nevermind! I didn’t realize there was a node.js command prompt I was supposed to be using! Thanks for the help everyone!