Failed setup of boron, is it bricked?

I tried posting this in troubleshooting but it wouldn’t let me so this will have to do. I have researched the problem and attempted some of the solutions proposed in those threads but none of them fixed my problem.
Starting off all my software has been freshly installed today and should be up to date.
So my problem started when trying to claim my boron in the app, it went fine until i selected the option to not use it in a mesh network. After loading for half a minute i got the following error:
sending bluetooth messages failed. please try again.
multiple attempts ended exactly the same so i tried to update the firmware with the CLI with particle update and particle flash --usb tinker. the update was successful but did not solve the problem claiming my device.
next i tried claiming it via the CLI with particle serial claim leading to me trying particle identify which timed out giving the following error: Serial timed out
next i tried manually flashing the latest firmware via usb and the latest bootloader via serial. the tinker and system flashed perfectly but the serial flash gave this error the first time i tried but flashed fine afterwards.
trying again later gave the same error at first and a successful flash at the second attempt.

sending file: boron-bootloader@2.0.0-rc.2.bin
(node:10292) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: unknown message
(node:10292) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see https://nodejs.org/api/cli.html#cli_unhandled_rejections_mode). (rejection id: 1)
(node:10292) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

Attempting to use particle identify or particle serial inspect still resulted in a timeout. Particle serial list would show the device showing the correct com port and device id. Particle serial mac would show 00:00:00:00:00:00
In my next attempt i flashed the cloud debug tool and got a serial connection with the device. Running the test i got the following report where i noticed the blank spaces.

starting tests…
turning cellular on…
0000015004 [system.nm] INFO: State changed: DISABLED -> IFACE_DOWN
0000036155 [hal] ERROR: No response from NCP
deviceID= 123451234512345changedforsafety
manufacturer=
model=
firmware version=
ordering code=
IMEI=
IMSI=
ICCID=
0000117155 [app] INFO: enabling trace logging
0000117156 [ncp.at] TRACE: > AT+CGDCONT?
0000123684 [sys.power] TRACE: re-enabling charging
0000123714 [sys.power] TRACE: Battery state UNKNOWN -> CHARGED
0000124696 [sys.power] TRACE: Battery state CHARGED -> DISCONNECTED
0000127156 [ncp.at] TRACE: > AT+CSQ
attempting to connect to the cellular network…
after more than an hour waiting i for a connection i stopped the test.

my next attempt was flashing the blink a led app and the latest OS with visual studio. I connected a led from D7 to the GND pin via a resistor. When connecting the which was on d7 to the 3.3v pin the led went on but stayed off while connected to D7.
after seeing some people mentioning that using 1.1.0-rc-2 worked for them i tried this but got no response to it did not work either.
at this point im out of ideas and cant find anything that might help, is my boron bricked or is there something else i can try?

Hi there,

Can you open up a support ticket (support.particle.io) - we’d like to take a closer look!