Device Has Invalid ID. Can't add a Photon to Product in Console or CLI

I want to add a photon to my product in the console. The photon is claimed, running 2.3.0, breathing cyan and functioning normally. When I try to add it to a product I get this error:

I tried to add it via the CLI

No issues adding the Argon devices I have.

@superpanda - are you attempting to add the photon to a product that already has Argons or a product that already has Photons?

To my knowledge, you need to create a separate product for each platform (I.e Argon vs Photon). It sounds like you only have 1 product that is setup for Argon’s. If that’s the case, just create a second one for the photons and duplicate/recreate your integrations for the other product.

I believe the main reason is you can flash firmware to all devices in the product. Since firmware is different between platforms, it requires each platform to be in separate products.

Was that the case or is something else going on?

1 Like

Ugg, I totally missed that. I did not realize a product could not support different platforms. I have a common FW that works for both, but just as easy to create a separate product. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.